Life's Ups and Downs

Sunday, May 08, 2005

And So We Begin Again

Sadly, it's another Sunday night so back to work first thing in the morning. How is that the work week can drag on so long that I can sit and watch my hair grow but the weekend speeds by so quickly? It just doesn't seem fair.

Only 4 more days until I close on that cursed house of mine ... 4 MORE DAYS!!! I cannot express the pure joy that will flow through my veins when that pile of bricks is out of my life. I am taking Friday off because I am sure to be drinking heavily in celebration on Thursday night and then having a bbq shindig at my house for friends to celebrate with me on Saturday. My boy is going to make his famous bbq chicken that is absolutely yummy and we're getting a keg as well. It started out as a small gathering for just the people that helped with the 6 months of painting and various other torture activities but it's turned into a pretty decent sized gathering. Should be lots of fun. I was thinking about renting one of those bouncy castle things for everyone to play in but am a little concerned that the neighbors may think we are having some sort of kinky sex party so I may have to nix that idea! As it stands now, we have horseshoes set up in the backyard along with a pool table, pinball machine, and an upright, old fashioned video game with Ms. Pacman, Donkey Kong, Frogger, and other great 80's games on it. Everyone should be able to kick back and act like children for an evening of fun. I'm really looking forward to it!

Happy week to you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home