Life's Ups and Downs

Monday, August 20, 2007

Excitement!

Thanks to Get Off My Lawn and his post on going to a community event, I auditioned for a play last week. It's the first time I've auditioned for anything in a couple of years. Well, I guess I still have at least a little talent because I got the role!

I have my first read through with the cast on Wednesday. I must admit, I had forgotten how much I enjoy being on stage so this is a very exciting time for me. I know I'm going to be exhausted with working full time and rehearsing as well but I think it will be worth it in the end.

The show is called Run For Your Wife and it's about a taxi driver in London that has two wives. He tries to save a little old woman from muggers and ends up getting hurt himself so he has to go to the hospital. He gives the hospital one wife's address and the police the other wife's address and then spends the remainder of the show trying not to get caught. I play one of the wives, Barbara. The play is set in England so I'm going to have to brush up on my English accent and it's a farce so the whole thing will be fast paced and, I think, really fun.

If anyone is going to be in DFW around the end of September, come on out and see the show. Don't wish me luck ... tell me to break a leg instead!

Happy Monday!

14 Comments:

Blogger indicaspecies said...

Beautifully written. Congrats on getting that role. I won't wish you luck; instead wish you have a great time and lotsa laughs yourself. Cheers :)

10:41 AM  
Blogger OneHungMan said...

Sounds great...hopefully you'll provide updates.

Congrats.

10:56 AM  
Blogger justawriter said...

Congratulations!!! How exciting for you! Wish I could come out and see you,unfortunately I am at the other side of the world...lol
Well, 'break a leg' Tina

1:06 PM  
Blogger Hermes said...

Yay! Congratulations on the part. Sounds like fun. Be sure to keep us posted on how rehearsals are going. Break a leg!

7:05 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

HAVE FUN babez!

Keshi.

8:27 PM  
Blogger TrĂ©e said...

Princess that is great news! DFW, mmmmm, could be. :-)

9:16 PM  
Blogger Kat_womanx2 said...

Break a femur girl!!! I really wish I was close enough to come see this..it reminds me of a movie based on a true story...(only not as funny) about an airplane pilot married to two women who find out about his game after his untimely death...

7:36 AM  
Blogger Miss Hope said...

Next thing you know, you'll be all famous and forgetting all about us common folks.

CONGRATULATIONS! Have a ball with it!

9:57 AM  
Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Wow, very cool. Wish I could come and watch! You're so brave!

2:14 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Ohhhhhh. That is so exciting!!

Congratulations.

5:42 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

You go girl! How fun - I've never been onstage - well, Hardly Ever (sung in my best Captain of the Pinafore voice) once I was in the HMS Pinafore in gradeschool... I was one of the Sisters and the Cousins and the Aunts :-)
Don't imagine I'll be in DFW, although I lived in Fort Worth as a child... have fun!

5:49 PM  
Blogger little things said...

Good for you!
I've always wanted to try out for a play... I can't wait to hear how it goes!

10:30 AM  
Blogger Bella said...

HOW COOL IS THAT???

Jealous. I haven't been in a play/musical since high school. MANY years ago!

Break a leg!

10:54 AM  
Blogger Philip Girls Fast Pitch Softball said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you and I know you will do just wonderfully! It sounds like a riot! Break two legs, will you!

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home