Life's Ups and Downs

Friday, September 21, 2007

And We're Off


We had our preview tonight with about 50 people in attendance. It was odd, very odd. The audience was mostly retirees and they seemed to really enjoy the show but they laughed at things that we didn't think would get a laugh and there was dead silence at lines that we thought would have the crowd rolling in the aisles. Strange.


Above is the cast picture that will be hanging in the lobby of the theatre for years to come. Not too bad. I wish I didn't have such a fake smile on my face .... sigh.
This is a picture of our set. My apartment is the one on the left. The grey area in the middle with the low seat is a shared area so the actors in either location can use it as long as we don't cross into the other apartment. It makes for some pretty funny scenes when there is action happening in both spaces at the same time. Lots of phone conversations.

Well, I have work tomorrow and then opening night. I need to get off to bed. I hope you are all having a great week.

Happy Thursday!

12 Comments:

Blogger Keshi said...

WOW looks FAB!

Keshi.

1:12 AM  
Blogger TrĂ©e said...

Princess, I left the key under the mat. ;-)

Have a great weekend. And rawk those seniors back into sanity. :-D

8:39 AM  
Blogger Kat_womanx2 said...

That looks like so much fun...I bet you're having a blast arent you!!

9:03 AM  
Blogger tsduff said...

Hugs for luck. If the preview went so well, the rest will be a rave! The set looks grand - great show, wish I could go!

2:52 PM  
Blogger Bella said...

That is so awesome! You're a STAR!

7:55 PM  
Blogger Miss Hope said...

Break a leg! Can't wait to hear how it all turned out. Just so you know, your fans will want pictures, too. I'm just saying.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

This is so cool; I still wish I could see the play. Tape it for me!

9:57 AM  
Blogger Hermes said...

Tell the set and lighting designers that they did a great job. (Lighting because I am assuming that action on particular parts of the stage will be illuminated while the other parts are faded. Complicated but effective... shades of "Come Back to the Five and Dime).
Have fun and break a leg!

10:53 AM  
Blogger Philip Girls Fast Pitch Softball said...

Sorry, no oriental lillies. Guess I should've checked your blog sooner. You can just throw them out if you want. But way to go girl! Hope you're enjoying your day off!

5:12 PM  
Blogger X said...

Looks like fun!!! Man, I'd love to join something in my new place...hmmmm.... :)

10:39 AM  
Blogger Mrs. S. said...

How fun!

12:06 AM  
Blogger Becky L said...

Sounds so fun!

Good luck w/ it

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home