Life's Ups and Downs

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Death by Pecking Pigeon ... Story at 10:00

Soooooo ...... today was the day. I mean, THE DAY, that all my worries were to be left behind. I was supposed to be doing a flasher number on Girl's Gone Wild!

I went in to sign the paper work on my stupid, horrible, curse of a rental house and when I got there, the numbers were wrong. The lender put the wrong sale price on the paperwork. They were off by one little number .... one teensy, tiny, itty bitty, typo on their end and my happy glow faded into nothingness!! What did I do in a past life to deserve this?! I have been in absolute hell with this house for the past year. It took a month, ONE ENTIRE MONTH, to clean all the crap out that the tenants left behind. It took 5 more months of painting, patching, replacing broken doors and windows, countertops, siding, carpet, tile, and the list goes on to get it ready to sell. It sat on the market for 6 months and finally I had an offer. I was supposed to close today and the money was to be sent to the mortgage company to pay the stupid thing off and the nightmare was to be over but, because some idiot didn't add properly, I don't get to do my happy, happy, joy, joy dance!

Now, the money that funded today has to be sent back, the contracts redrawn and signed and the house doesn't get paid off until it funds which MIGHT be tomorrow but will probably be Monday. Ughhhhhhhhhh .... quite frankly, I want to stomp on somebody. Is it wrong to wish that the person that screwed up will be chased and pecked to death by a wild pigeon? Do wild pigeons even peck at people? I don't know. I'm hoping but I don't know.

The good news is, it might be done tomorrow. The bad news is, the mortgage company is charging me a late fee. The good news is, it won't be reported on my credit as a late payment. The bad news is I am feeling quite murderous right now and woe to the person that looks at me wrong. The good news is, I'm still having a celebration bbq on Saturday with my friends. The bad news is, what the heck am I celebrating and how am I paying for it all because the house isn't sold!!! I GIVE UP!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home