Life's Ups and Downs

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

I Can Breathe Now


Run For Your Wife closed this past weekend. This is a picture of the only other female in the cast and myself in our dressing room right before our last performance. It was kind of a bittersweet moment. On one hand, I was really ready for some free time again but on the other hand, I was really going to miss performing in this show.
Thank goodness, we had an amazing audience for our last show. The house was oversold and the theatre set up folding chairs in the aisle and in the floor space in front of the stage to fit everyone in. The crowd laughed at every joke and even at some that the previous audiences didn't get. The show ran almost 30 minutes longer than it had been because of all the laughter. It was an amazing feeling!
After the show, one of the other cast members said there was someone waiting that wanted to meet me. It was a kid with Down's Syndrome. He held out his hand to shake mine but, of course, I gave him a big hug instead. He said that he really liked Barbara because she was so pretty. How sweet is that?!
Once that moment was over, we had to tear down the set ... ahhhhh, the joys of community theatre. Let me tell you, I am not a girl that is comfortable with power tools and all that but by the end of the night, I was ripping out screws and tearing down walls like a pro!
All in all, performing again was AWESOME!! I am already on the lookout for the next show I want to do. Wish me luck!
Happy Tuesday!

19 Comments:

Blogger OneHungMan said...

The little boy was right...you're hot.

11:32 AM  
Blogger indicaspecies said...

Barbara of Run For Your Wife is indeed beautiful!

Congratulations that this went so wonderfully well and all the best with the next. :)

12:23 PM  
Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Very cool. I wish I could have been there.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Miss Hope said...

*Big Claps*

You look like you're having the time of your life in that picture. Kudos to you for doing something so fun.

p.s. Does this mean you put power tools on your Christmas list?

1:45 PM  
Blogger kimber said...

Ah, community theatre! There's nothing like it! So glad to hear your final performance was a success, and good luck in your search for a new show!

2:47 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

You make acting seems so fun! The young lad was right - you are so pretty :) When is the next show? Sounds like such a bunch of fun, all except tearing down the set.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

FANTASTIC babez!

U look lovely in that pic WOW!


Keshi.

10:14 PM  
Blogger Mrs. S. said...

You look awesome in that picture!

It was so very sweet of you to hug that boy.. You'd be surprised how many people treat handicapped kids badly. My sister is severely handicapped and we've had adults say some really bad things in public. It's a shame.

11:10 PM  
Blogger Bella said...

Love the picture and look forward to hearing about your next project!

:)

8:48 AM  
Blogger Vixen said...

Sound like a wonderful experience! Best luck on your next endeavor! Wish I had a single once of acting talent in myself! :) Kudos!

5:11 PM  
Blogger Hermes said...

Breathe deeply. You deserve it. Standing ovation here even if you can't see it.

7:54 PM  
Blogger Trée said...

I perfer my women to breathing. So this is good. :-D

9:57 PM  
Blogger Trée said...

Do you like men who either can't form a coherent sentence or can't proof their comments? :-D

9:59 PM  
Blogger Becky L said...

Awe, thats sweet that the little boy wanted to meet you.

6:52 AM  
Blogger Tai said...

That is wonderful, and you look radiant!

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Run for Your Wife is a cute name.

Congrats. JM.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Kat_womanx2 said...

Awwwwwwww I'm glad you had so much fun doing this...Like I said all along..I hate that I couldn't come and see it...I live too far away dammit!!!

8:09 AM  
Blogger X said...

Congrats and I'm so glad yuo had a blast!

Good luck finding teh next one! :)

9:33 AM  
Blogger Philip Girls Fast Pitch Softball said...

Yeow! You are such a hottie! And that is one hot lingerie set, too! I can't believe your boy let you wear that on stage. Very inspiring, you are! And very sweet, too! I love the hug you gave the boy. You're a doll. Miss ya! So glad the show was huge, and also that you're finally getting some well deserved, long overdue R&R.

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home