Life's Ups and Downs

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Busy Little Bee

I am on the crazy train and I don't see it stopping any time soon!

I decided to audition for another show and I got cast. I'm so excited!! Rehearsals are going really well and it is absolutely one of the most haunting scripts I've ever read. The play is called Terra Nova and it's about the race to the South Pole between the British and the Norwegians. I know, I know ... it sounds boring but the whole thing is written from letters and diaries found on the frozen bodies of the English who were found 11 miles from their base camp. My character is Kathleen Scott, the wife of Robert Scott who led the expedition. He only sees me in hallucinations and flashbacks. Parts of it are really emotional and it's probably one of the hardest parts I've ever done but I am loving the challenge.

On top of that, I rescued a stray dog from work a few weeks ago. I promised my boy that we would find a home for her but we both fell in love with her and I think we are going to keep her. That makes 4 dogs and 3 cats in our house now. It's more than a little crazy here!

The coolest thing that's happened, by far, is that I got to talk to my adopted soldier for the first time! He's back home and is still living in Texas so we are making plans to meet. That should be really cool. When we spoke, it was like two old best friends catching up .... laughing and gossiping. So cool!

K ... that's probably enough for now. I hope you are all doing well.

Happy Thursday!

15 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

Girl, I told you in my last comment that I had news for you!! LOL.

Are you on Facebook though?

6:22 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

Your character sounds difficult to play, but fabulous to watch. Love hearing about it.

LOL about the newest puppy - what a sucker :) (I have the same problem with birds).

7:24 PM  
Blogger Miss Hope said...

Glad to see you're alive and doing just fine! Can't wait to hear more about the play and antics of the newest member of the family.

8:25 PM  
Blogger Bella said...

So glad you are back!

And good for you for doing another play. That is so exciting.

Your family is growing! =)

8:52 PM  
Blogger Becky L said...

good luck with the play! Sounds fun

12:01 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

that u hv been sweetie!

Missed ya..

Keshi.

12:06 AM  
Blogger Hermes said...

Congratulations on the part. Busy indeed. Good to read you again though. Don't stay away too long.

1:49 AM  
Blogger Sherry said...

Very cool all the way around!

6:55 PM  
Blogger Kat_womanx2 said...

I was starting to get worried about you too!! Its good to hear from you. My daughter has enrolled for a drama course in high school next year..I'm looking forward to it...any advice for her?? (I'd have a hundred stray dogs and cats if I wasn't married...LOL)

1:06 PM  
Blogger Kellie with an "ie" said...

Congratulations on the part and on your new family member. Looking forward to updates on both.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Ekta said...

aww..thats such a happy post!;-)
All the best for the play!

12:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Amit said...

oh....wow..such historical..i love to hear the entire story... i love plays. wow...congrats you got the roll...!!

*This is my first comment on your post*

-amit

2:44 AM  
Blogger Beth from the Funny Farm said...

Yay for Theatre! Congratulations!

There is nothing better than having a dog that your family has fallen in love with. I know; we have our Gracie.

Have a wonderful day!

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl, when you come back, I have a NEW blog!

ciaobella1968.blogspot.com

C'Ya!

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home