Life's Ups and Downs

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving .... Family and Fun

This is my beautiful niece, Taylor, and I on Thanksgiving day. About 5 minutes after this picture was taken, it started snowing outside. It wasn't cold enough for the snow to stick but it was wet enough for my hair to completely frizz, negating the hour of straightening that I had done earlier in the day. Awesome!

Thanksgiving was good this year. My family had waaaaaaaay too much food and I took home a ton of leftovers. So good!

Friday was our annual family shopping spree. We met at my aunt's house at 3:15 a.m. to hit Kohl's when it opened at 4 a.m. It was pure craziness! After Kohl's was Wal-Mart at 5 a.m. and Target at 6 a.m. Everybody got the bargains that they wanted, partly because the teenagers in my family are the "runners" and dash back and forth faster than us old folks can. The rest of us had specific areas to cover. It's a science in my family! I totally scored with a DVD Camcorder for under $200, a digital frame for under $50, and a 37 inch LCD HDTV for $500. I'm not sure why I bought that because the last thing I need is another television. I think it will be going back to the store. I also got my 450 threadcount sheets for under $30 and, oh yeah, I only have 3 Christmas presents left to buy. Woo hoo!

I hope you all had a fantastic holiday and long weekend with your family.

Happy Sunday!

11 Comments:

Blogger Keshi said...

Both u and Taylor look gorgeous!


Keshi.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Bella said...

Cute pic of you and your niece!

I totally understand about the whole hair straightening thing!

Sounds like a wonderful time with family!

Bella

10:57 PM  
Blogger OneHungMan said...

What a beautiful little girl, and the blonde child was cute too.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Mrs. S. said...

Adorable picture...

I love them holiday deals, don't you?

11:18 PM  
Blogger Becky L said...

YEAH, another shopper! When I worked retail, I hated the day after thanksgiving. [though, the day before Christmas is worse. My advice to you: never shop then; the people wil hate you for it. lol]

7:27 AM  
Blogger Kat_womanx2 said...

That is just the cutest picture!!! Glad you had a good holiday with the family!!

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, people love that Kohl's. My wife and sister-in-law were there at 0411.

I thought they were mental when I heard that!

Nice pic, BTW.

3:20 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Ok, totally jealous about the sheets!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Miss Hope said...

Fellow crazy Black Friday shoppers unite!!

Do we qualify for a support group yet?

10:48 AM  
Blogger little things said...

3:15 a.m.....wow....I am impressed!

6:14 PM  
Blogger Philip Girls Fast Pitch Softball said...

I should learn how to shop like that! That sounds like so much fun, and a total savings!
Loved the hair! I don't think I've ever seen you with your hair straight before. Cute!
And cutie pie niece, too! Glad they could enjoy some snow! We would be happy to send some of ours your way!

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home