Life's Ups and Downs

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Hell Week

I am in meetings all this week at work and I think I might just go insane. I am sitting next to my co-worker who does no actual work and if this person asks one more stupid question, they might just get a mechanical pencil through their hand into the conference table!!

I don't know who's great idea it was to print out a 600 page document and READ IT TO THE EMPLOYEES, but whoever came up with that great concept should seriously consider hiding away in the woods somewhere because I am surely going to hunt them down, skin them with a potato peeler, and roll them in salt over the weekend.

You see what I mean, I am going insane!! INSANE!!!

Meanwhile, my in box is piling up and I have over 600 e-mails to read in just 2 days! I can't imagine how high that number will be by Friday. I will be seriously ready to go out and cause some trouble. Heck, I might even be in the frame of mind to start a bar room brawl, not that I would participate all that well having never been in a fight, but I can break a beer bottle on someone's head. It can't be all that hard.

Well, hats off to everyone this week!

Happy Tuesday!

7 Comments:

Blogger tsduff said...

I want to be there when you roll them in salt... should prove interesting. Be sure to start with a SHARP potato peeler - it helps prevent blisters.

Well, I'm just happy to say Tuesday is almost over. I'm sitting here preparing 1099 tax forms and it isn't fun at all. Especially since I am not an accountant and have no clue how to do this as I've never been blessed with the task before. Guess the IRS will come looking for me later.

7:20 PM  
Blogger ahamilton said...

LOL....Party time is just around the corner. Woohoo!!!!

11:26 PM  
Blogger EssentialStephen said...

Picture it, Sicily 1946...OK, Golden Girls flashback...Seriously though, I recently had a senior management meeting where the HR manager announced that we'd be having a conference call the week after to read through and review the new HR procedural document. A 5-hour conference call!!! OK, who thinks that is good idea? And that people will not just put their phone on mute and go have a nap.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Becky L said...

600 pages? thats insane...

be careful about taking your aggression out... i just talked to my sister in law-- in a fit of anger, she thru the Cling Wrap box she was holding, and slit her thumb open on the seraded edge. she had to get six stitches and now cannot shower until they come out.

gross.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Read This said...

Pencil through the ear...would you send me pics if it comes to that? Thanks...lol

3:09 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Poor thing. You need to sit your non working coworker down and say you have a little game you want to play. You make them put their hand on the table and spread their fingers wide. Then you play that game (substitute pencil for knife) where you stab the table b/w the fingers as fast as you can...but of course, you'll accidentally slip.

6:02 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

Hope you make it through the week and get your bottle breaking evening out. Ive always wanted to throw my drink in someones face. We'd make a great duo.

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home