Life's Ups and Downs

Monday, January 09, 2006

Birthday Hoopla

Last week was my birthday and typically they kind of suck because it's so close to Christmas. For years, my family would hit the after Christmas clearance racks and buy me the most horrific left-over Christmas sweatshirts and sweaters. I had a wonderfully scary collection going. I would totally appreciate the sentiment of that now but when you are a teenager, not good at all.

This year was great and it turned into a week long celebration! On the actual day, my boy took me shopping for some new shoes. (I got 2 pair. Woo hoo!) We also went to the video store and got the Best of Christopher Walken Sat. Night Live dvd. (I gotta have more cowbell, baby!) After that we headed to Hooters, yes Hooters, and ate dinner. Well, the place was jam packed with men so I text messaged all my girls to join us to scope them out. We had a great time and my boy bought me a semi naughty hooters t-shirt. (Twin Peaks - We'll teach you how to get it up.) One of my friends also gave me a mullet removal shirt for my t-shirt collection with the rule that I can't wear it out on girl's night.



We came home and my boy made my favorite cinammon (sp) cake with a VERY rude candle!


We had friends over for the Rose bowl on Wednesday and then Saturday night was the girl's night out celebration. Imagine 10 girls, on the town, acting crazy. It was a fabulous night and although parts of the evening are a little fuzzy and I had a monster hang over yesterday, it was well worth it. Just ask the man in the cowboy hat with balloons attached. He had a great time too!!

Happy Monday!

8 Comments:

Blogger Read This said...

You might be the coolest, and luckiest woman on earth. You voluntarily went to hooters without a worry of comparison, and partied with a girls night out? Your boy made you cake, and went shoes shopping? He's a keeper...like I said...you are a lucky gal....

7:57 PM  
Blogger ahamilton said...

I am glad you had a week-long celebration. Hopefully, this makes up in a VERY small way for all the Unbirthdays you have had in the past!!!! Didn't we see a little person at some point in the night?

6:21 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

I am so glad you had a great time!

For my b-day my guy friends got me a Hooters tank top size x-tra small. I can't even get one boob in it.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Happy Birthday Angela!!

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Girl!!!!!

29 looks fabulous on you, dahling.

10:40 PM  
Blogger Abigail S. said...

A whole week of b-day celebration? That's great!
2 pairs of shoes? Now I really AM jealous!

4:12 AM  
Blogger Becky L said...

sounds like tons of fun.

i want to go out shoe shopping now! oh how fun...

... actually, my hubby and i might go out tomorrow night shoe shopping-- that'll be a first! but it was actually his idea

2:09 PM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

Zombie - The tag says Steve and Barry's. It's a great store that sells everything for under $10.00

Casually Me - I am a lucky gal and I like to think I'm at least a little bit cool!

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home