Life's Ups and Downs

Monday, January 02, 2006

New Year

My boy and I had a very tame New Year's Eve. We played board games, made mimosas and cosmos for me, and whiskey sours for him, and ate lots of junk food. At midnight, I made him go outside and bang on pots and pans with me. It was very noisy and totally satisfying. A very nice change from the typical drive to Austin and partying all night with his college buddies.

I have a strange habit of taking naps in the middle of parties. Just 15 minutes and then I am good to go for the rest of the evening but I always find a corner, an empty room, or sometimes the couch in the middle of the party to nod off for a few minutes. Our friends are amazed at my sleeping abilities when there is so much going on around me. Last year's new year found me sleeping in the living room for my typical nap and waking up when one of my boy's friends lay down on top off me, promising to take care of me if my boy ever did me wrong. I must admit, I missed some of the noise and hustle of a large new year's party but the thought of driving yet again filled me with dread and the thought of being anywhere other than home was not satisfying so we had a quiet evening here and let drinking newbies have the roads for the night.

I hope you all had a safe and happy new year as well. Cheers to a great 2006!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

I'm amazed at your napping abilities as well! I wish I could do that.

happy 2006 to you as well!

6:37 PM  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

When I was in the army. I used to grap catnaps whereever and whenever I could...

In the cargo hold of a C-130... I even fell asleep during a live-fire exersize... Complete with falling artillery rounds...

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My hubby can do the same thing. He says it part of being military. It amazes me how he can fall asleep anywhere! Give him 10-15 minutes and he's set to go, too.

Sounds like alot of people had a "quiet" New Year's Eve.

Banging on pots and pans? Yeah, I'd do that, too.

Happy 2006 to you!!!

12:37 AM  
Blogger Read This said...

Why would you bang on Pol Pot, and Peter Pan? I think one is dead and the other never existed. Oh, pots and pans. Never mind. LOL. Glad you had a sane new year.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Becky L said...

my baby is able to sleep thru most anything. its quite amazing.

if someone picked me up and started carrying me around, i think it would wake me up!

~hope you have a grand new year!

3:58 PM  
Blogger ahamilton said...

I love reading your blog. It makes me laugh!!!!

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home