Life's Ups and Downs

Monday, June 13, 2005

Don't Waste the Junk Food

Sorry, it's been a while but it has been an exhausting couple of weeks. First, my boy and I floated the river ... second, we went to his sister's wedding last weekend ... third, work is kicking my behind. I seriously need a relaxing vacation!

The wedding was fun. She was beautiful ... is there ever an ugly bride? His family actually started in on the marriage issue with my boy and I. I was completely thrown because they have never pressured us before. His mother offered my boy the wedding ring that his father had given her so he could have it re-set to give to me. We immediately began telling everyone that we were both gay and just a cover for each other. That momentarily stopped the talk but then the grandparents started in. It was grueling! By the end of the reception, I was slamming down drinks so fast you would have thought prohibition was kicking in the next day!

After the reception, we headed back to the hotel and up to his father's suite. Once there, we had the expected bubbly toasts and quite a bit of wine. As we headed back to our room, not a suite, we passed by a room that wasn't latched all the way shut. We had heard some serious partying coming out of that room earlier so thought maybe the people had passed out and not shut their door all the way. After finding a luggage cart to race around the floor on for a few minutes, I became obsessed with the idea that I really needed to throw Chex Mix on the sleeping drunk people. We got our stash of junk food and headed back down the hall. My boy and I popped open the door and began throwing the Chex Mix onto where we assumed the bed to be but when there was no reaction, we flipped on the light and discovered we were wasting our snacks on an empty conference room. I was bummed until we figured out how much fun it would be to see if I could fit into the built in drawers of the closet ... I can't!

The moral of this story ... if you've had too much to drink, go straight back to your room and DON'T waste your junkfood. You'll want it later!!

Happy Monday!

1 Comments:

Blogger PJ said...

Welcome back. Glad everything went well.

Good advice about the not wasting snacks when you've had too much to drink.

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home