Life's Ups and Downs

Friday, August 19, 2005

The Glass is Half Full ... Aww, Screw the Glass

It's been hell week so here are the things I'm proud of:

When my boss asked if I was attending "social hour" after work today, I politely declined instead of telling him I would rather eat my toe-nails than spend an extra second of my day with a group of people that have the personalities of raw sewage.

When my co-worker, and I use this term loosely because they do no actual work, asked me take on yet another of their projects, I accepted with grace rather than throwing my computer monitor over my cube wall and hoping that it hit them in the head.

When tech boy cornered me outside the bathroom again today (What? Does this guy own stock in Depends?) I resisted the urder to karate chop him and leave him for dead.

When a truck full of nasty men wouldn't leave me alone on the highway during rush hour and kept trying to get my attention by yelling, "Hey Mama!" and whistling, I resisted the urge to flip them off and politely smiled, rolled up my window, and exited at the first opportunity.

When my commute took almost 2 hours to get home today, I did not become filled with road rage and begin ramming other innocent commuters. I, instead, turned on a Bee Gees cd and sang along at the top of my lungs .... Jive Talkin'!

When my co-worker, again a loose term, asked me if I'd be willing to come in tomorrow and help on an account that isn't mine because they have no sense of time management, I didn't laugh and punch them in the face. I said, "Not really," smiled, and walked out the door.

And finally, when I found out that my mother didn't do any of the prep work for my youngest brother's college application before she went out of town for a month, I didn't call her up and tell her how completely irresponsible it was, especially considering the kid is a genius and has wanted to go to Annapolis since he was 12, and will someday rule the world. My boy called my brother and told him we would do whatever it took to get his application in on time, complete, and fabulous!

Happy Friday!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

I sincerely hope you have a much better weekend. :)

8:01 PM  
Blogger Vishwa said...

hahaahaaa, I understand this friday feeling, it brings out the angel in otherwise normal people.
Angela, your blog is eminently readable. Good going.

9:46 AM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

ha ha ha...I laughed so hard at this one! I cant' believe you made it through the day without telling anyone to screw off. Good for you! I want some of whatever you're having.

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home