Life's Ups and Downs

Monday, August 01, 2005

White Trash Karoke ... Here I Come!

My friend, S, invited me to go to some dive bar this Friday for karoke. She doesn't know it yet, but her comment of "Let's go do white trash karoke," has inspired my imagination to new heights.

I've gathered a small portion of our group of friends to hit the 2nd hand shops tomorrow to find FABULOUS outfits to wear. I have a nice streaky blond mullet wig from my best friend's "Best Little Wh*rehous in Texas" Halloween party (I went as a crack wh*re) to wear and now I just need some great clothes to go with it. As a last resort, I will wear one of the absolutely hideous bridesmaid dresses that I have been forced at gunpoint to buy for past weddings. I think one of those would look smashing with my wig and an elastic headband!

You have to understand that S is a very girly-girl. She's the perfect woman that never goes out in public without full make-up, perfect hair, and cute little outfits ... the kind of woman that, if she isn't a friend, you wish would get run over by a bus! Well, we aren't telling her that we are taking her literally with the white trash part and are planning to show up in full regalia, forcing her to sit with us all night. It will be so much fun!! I'll let you know how the search goes.

On another note, I am so NOT a cook but I made the most incredible dessert for my boy this weekend. Soapapilla Cheesecake ... yummy. It's a sinfully sweet, wonderfull, kill your diet kind of thing to eat but so simple to make. If you are interested, drop me a post and I'll share the recipe.

Happy Monday!

6 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. D. said...

Oh my god... having flashbacks of a wonderful "housewarming" party you and I crashed about 10 years ago in full 70's regalia (waaay before 70's was retro cool!... maybe we started the trend...)

What night can you meet for dinner??? Tuesday is good for me... but call if you want to do it that soon!
~J

10:31 PM  
Blogger Forzavryheid said...

Have fun!

I wouldnt recommend visiting a jail in prisoner uniform. Last time I did that it didnt turn out quite so well.

I wouldnt recommend visiting a boys orphanage dressed as a priest either.

Oh well. (shrug)

HAVE FUN!

1:13 PM  
Blogger Forzavryheid said...

Yes. Having fun is very important. Thats why I said it twice... : )

1:13 PM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

James - I am so NOT remembering that?! How old am I now!!

Can't do Tuesday ... I'll call you and we'll set up dinner.

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget that if a guy goes to surf roll the pants at the bottem. Scrounge around for some leg warmers..rip a sweatshirt a la Flashdance. And stop by the drugstore and get some AquaNet. Thanks to that hairspray I went from a sweet 5'6" every day to an awesome 5'9"-11" on a regular basis. omg...and electric blue eyeshadow. I saw in a magazine that blue eyeshadow was back in. mmm...ok. Not that electric blue we wore back in the day. yeah, baby. Got sent back to the bathroom to wash it off more times than I care to remember.

Frick. I'm so jealous. I want to go just to see what ya'll come up with. And Angela..I may not know a good wine but I can identify a good beer any day of the week!

10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS. I want that recipe. I got introduced to sopapillas when I went to Tucson and crave them now. Can't find anywhere around here that can make them. Sides..need a good recipe that'll impress and you say it's easy and I'm all about easy.

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home