Life's Ups and Downs

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Tech Boy Strikes Again!

Tech boy caught me outside smoking today. I made it past his office with a sheaf of papers, looking very important and busy, and thought I was safe. No such luck.

He went out with friends this weekend and tried talking to some woman. Apparently it didn't go well and he left without a phone number. Bummer ... she could have been my savior. Today, he asked for dating advice. I swear, I'm convinced that I must have been a really horrible person to someone at one time to keep getting bombarded with too much information from this guy.

Tech boy hasn't dated in many years and just droned on and on about how it has changed and the bar scene isn't the same as it used to be. All I kept hearing was the Peanut's teacher ... wah wah wah wah wah wah. I finally interruped him and said he should really think about quitting smoking because women find it unattractive ... at the same time I am hot-boxing my cig so I can run far, far away from him. He then started in for another 10 minutes on how the stress of his life caused the smoking to start again when he had quit years ago. Does nothing make this guy shut up?!!!

The next time he approaches me, I am going to start muttering under my breath and twitching at every sound. Maybe he'll think I'm crazy and leave me alone!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

Geez...what is it with the stupid junk mail blog? I hate those things. But your post was so funny. God, I know a guy just like that and it's all I can do to try to sneak past him but it's like he's implanted a honing device on me and can find me anywhere.

8:29 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Yikes!! Talk about a lot of nothing! (referring to darreljones5314)

So, what I really wanted to say, Tech Boy sounds like he has the hots for you. You better watch out. :)

He's just waiting for you to take pity on him and say 'we should have dinner sometime you poor soul. I can't understand why your wife would do such a terrible thing.'

7:54 AM  
Blogger lookingbusy said...

Ha! I work with someone who is kinda like that too. She will stop by my desk (even if I am on the phone) and try to start up conversation. So lookingbusy, how's it going... Ok, now she expects me to relay to her something interesting about my life I guess. If I don't, or if it's not interesting enough, she gives me this strange, confused look like I am her best girlfriend am I'm not sharing all my secrets with her.

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your writing and I Love You.
-Your Boy

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home