Life's Ups and Downs

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

It Wasn't My Intention

I love to read ... no secret ... love books ... LOVE books!! Well, I got the new Harry Potter and read it in one sitting. For those of you that think these stories are just for the young 'uns, you are dead wrong. They are wonderful stories, completely imaginative, and absolutely fabulous!!

It's been 2 years since the last one came out so I was a little confused on some of the characters, details, etc. (I never said I had a great memory!) I went to my bookshelf to find the first five of the series and came up with 2 of them. I began pulling boxes of books out of my closet like a crazy woman. For those of you that know me, (James, this is you) you know that I am a complete pack rat. Can someone explain to me why I still have the mums from high school homecomings when I graduated 15 years ago? Please tell me WHY!

Anyway, to get to the boxes of "keeper" books, I had to empty almost the entire closet. There is stuff everywhere in my office ... every surface is covered and you can barely get it the room. I never found the 3rd and 4th books in the series although I did find the 5th so I am completely bummed with no idea where they could be. I may have donated them to the Salvation Army, with the multitude of books that I gave them, this is a distinct possibility. I don't know. I just know that now I am stuck with this HUGE mess to clean up and I don't want to do it. I'm thinking about just tossing everything out. This is the "big trash" pick up week so everything would just be gone! Ahhh ... np resorting and packing to do! Do you think I will miss the mums in 6 months?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clean it out. Purge yourself, girl!! I am a keeper of memories. Threw alot of them out when the crap got too cluttered and didn't miss them! I promise!

And Harry Rocks! The book is headed my way and I am in war with my 11 year old over who is going to read it first. I think I will win. She can go re-read a previous one. Was it good? No details...just need to know!!

10:56 PM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

I am taking your advice. I've already tossed 5 boxes and condensed a bunch of others ... can't let go of everything yet.

And Harry, it's good! Let me know when you finish and we can discuss. I have some theories!!

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home