Life's Ups and Downs

Monday, July 18, 2005

Back in the Saddle Again!

Sorry for the moaning. I was having a very bad week and it just got to me. I'm trying to be a happy camper this week. Here are a few things I'm proud of:

I didn't flip off the ugly guy in the huge truck that cut me off driving in rush hour traffic from Ft. Worth to Dallas for work today.

I didn't run over the pan handler on the corner when I went to fill up my car with gas at lunch ... even though he was wearing brand new boots and had a freshly made sign that looked professionaly done.

I didn't tell my mother to shut up when she called to lecture me about skipping my cousin's baby shower ... and I only raised my voice a little when I told her that I had absolutely no plans to have a baby regardless of whether or not she would raise it for me.

I didn't tell my co-worker that I was pretty sure he was going to end up in a loony bin when he commenced telling me the 1,572nd cat story of this year.

I didn't tell my brother's wife that she needed to be muzzled when she started whining about the lack of attention my brother was giving her on HIS birthday.

And the thing I am most proud of today is that I did tell my boss that I was unhappy in my job and have started looking for something new. Imagine my surprise when he told me that he was hoping to be out of there by Thanksgiving and would be recruiting me wherever he went. Not too shabby!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Good for you! That's a huge step being able to tell your boss your feelings. I envy you, in that. I've had 3 different bosses in the past year, and I've never been able to tell any of them my true feelings on anything.

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home