Life's Ups and Downs

Monday, February 27, 2006

Flying Monkeys - My Posse!

I have officially made the broomstick my personal mode of transportation. When you hear your name and the song "Witchy Woman" pops into your head, it's time to acknowledge the fact that you are no longer the reasonably sane, if a bit quirky, individual that you used to be and should now be traveling with your own group of flying monkeys!

Yes, I fully admit that I have been working too many hours with too little appreciation and my personality has undergone a DRASTIC change. I don't think, at least to my knowledge, that I have ever been referred to as an out and out bitch but lately, I think I deserve that title and more.

I caught myself this weekend snapping at my boy for absolutely no reason and you've all heard about my meltdown with Tech Boy. I swear, I hear some of the things I'm saying as they come out of my mouth but I am completely powerless to stop them.

I have made a promise to myself that I will be nicer to those around me, even if I am wishing inside that a pack of Tickle Me Elmos would violently attack them, and I will keep a smile on my face even if the sound of someone's voice, namely Tech Boy's, makes me want to squirt liquid paper in my ears to drown out the sound.

I vow I will be nicer if it kills me and, quite frankly, it just might!!

Happy Monday!

11 Comments:

Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

I feel that way myself sometimes. Hang in there!

2:56 PM  
Blogger B* said...

Try popping bubble wrap...It's an instant stress zapper!

4:57 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Poor thing. I know what you mean..I've felt like that a lot recently. It's so hard to be nice when you're overworked and miserable.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Becky L said...

you are hillarious, that you follow your rant with "happy monday."

if it makes you feel better, i've been having a crappy and stressful past few days too. [though for complete different reasons-- but still, stressed out.]

9:55 PM  
Blogger Becky L said...

well, maybe it is the same thing. you're being overworked. and if you get down to it, thats what i am too. last week i had the whole "erica to the hospital" thing going on. and she has been quarentined to this house since then. which means i've been quarentined. [except for friday when i got lost in philly, which wasnt stress free by any means.] SOOO, i have been getting NO break.

and really, a crying and cranky baby who doesnt sleep or eat can be QUITE difficult to handle.

ok. sorry, i was just ranting and raving!

9:57 PM  
Blogger Read This said...

Embrace the anger. Make it your friend. Come to the dark side...go away from the light...

7:19 AM  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Nope. My ex-wife has the broom.

7:34 AM  
Blogger Tai said...

Don't be TOO nice, I tried that once and I just about didn't make it back!

11:51 AM  
Blogger Fuckkit said...

I generally find a bloody rampage does the trick.
Or count to ten and breathe, that too.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

I say stay grumpy and learn to enjoy it until that makes you smile.

11:05 PM  
Blogger Spider Girl said...

Hee hee, I remember Tai resolving to be nice anyway to people who didn't deserve it...it was excrutiating to watch.

But good luck with your resolution.

And remember: Broom Power is fuel-efficient and environmentally-friendly.

12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home