Life's Ups and Downs

Friday, February 24, 2006

Texas Twang

A girlfriend of mine sent this to me and it made me laugh. Some Texans are very hard to understand with that drawl but, for the record, we don't use y'all like that. It's more of a group identifier, not a single person.

After a Texas tourist had been served in a Las Vegas cocktail lounge, he beckoned the waitress back and said quietly, "Miss, y'all sure are a luvly, luvly lady; Can ah persuade y'all to give me a piece of ass?"

"Lord, that's the most direct proposition I've ever had!" gasped the girl. Then she looked around the room, smiled and added, "Sure, why not? You're nice lookin', too, and it's pretty slow here right now, so why don't we just slip away up to your room?"

When the pair returned half an hour later, the man sat down at the same table and the waitress asked, "Will there be anything else, sir?"

"Why yes," replied the southern gentleman. "Ah sure 'preciate what y'all Just did for me; it was real sweet and right neighborly, but where ah come from in Texas, we lack our bourbon real cold, so ah still need to trouble y'all for a piece uh ass for mah drink."


It's the middle of the afternoon and I came home to work but I don't want to log in just yet so I'm updating my blog. Good use of company time, don't you think?!

TGIF!!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

It's the best way possible to spend company time! :D

Love the joke!!

4:57 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

LOL yea some of us can be pretty bad. So many yankees keep moving down, it is less abundant now days.

5:27 PM  
Blogger ahamilton said...

Great use of company time!!!! I love it!

5:29 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

LOL. Px told me that joke last week and I thought it was hysterical.

6:53 PM  
Blogger B* said...

That's bleepin' hilarious!!

Although Houston is the least potent of places in Texas to develop the southern drawl, somehow I still picked up the ya'll.
It's stuck with me throughout the years and my travels across this country and halfway across the world and back!!

4:15 AM  
Blogger Read This said...

Company...they are the man just trying to bring you down...fight the power...lol

5:38 PM  
Blogger Fuckkit said...

I concur, tis the only way to use company time ;)

4:42 AM  
Blogger Becky L said...

lmao! thats hillarious

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home