Life's Ups and Downs

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Tech Boy Bloodshed

As you know, I have been working long hours at work, bringing work home daily, basically going crazy. Today, Tech Boy just about sent me over the edge!

When you walk up to someone's desk and they are obviously short on time, do you think that's an appropriate time to ask if they can counsel you on your relationship with the cheater? I don't and I kind of lost it today when he interrupted me.

He asked if I wanted to step outside and smoke. Nope, no time. When I told him that, he stood at my desk hemming and hawing and finally blurted out that he needed some advice. Normally, I am, if not nice, at least reasonably patient with Tech Boy. Today, with papers stacked everywhere, the phone ringing off the hook, my co-worker who does no actual work talking on the phone in the background about their upcoming birthday bash, and the seconds ticking by loudly in my head, his question sent me a little over the line to the dark side!!

I looked at him, glaring daggers I'm sure, and said in my most sarcastic tone, "I'm sorry that my work and absorption in it are cutting into your counseling. Of course, I would LOVE to step outside so I can listen to you whine about your personal life." He obviously, didn't take this very well and slunk away like a thief in the night. Honestly, I feel really bad about being so mean. I just sort of lost it in that moment.

I know that I should apologize but I also know that will turn into an hour long conversation about the cheater and I am just not up to it. Ergggg .... I'm pretty sure it's time for me to buy the Darth Vadar costume and begin wearing it!

Happy Wednesday! (At least I think it's Wednesday. I've lost track of the days since I have no life outside of work!)

5 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

Poor thing. He's a moron, we know this. Don't let him dive you too crazy. He'll get over it...if he doesn't...too bad. maybe now he'll leave you alone.

9:03 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

He will forget all about it by the next time he wears those pants. Don't feel too bad, he's to wrapped up in his problems to care much about what you said.

11:56 PM  
Blogger Read This said...

I think he earned his verbal lashing...nice job.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

I kind of feel bad for tech boy. He deserved it for not taking the hint, but I still feel bad for him.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Miss Hope said...

Poor thing. You went and hurt his feelings. Now he's going to pout and be rude to you and not say a word and how will we know what a pitiful life he has?

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home