Life's Ups and Downs

Sunday, November 26, 2006

The Holiday

My boy went to Houston for the holiday (we always split up on Thanksgiving) and I stayed here for the family festivities. It was a little odd this year. My mother was in CA visiting my brother and his wife, my boy was gone, and the awful, house destroying uncle was at dinner. He's had the good sense to stay away from me but apparently he's reverted back to idiot status because he actually tried to engage me in conversation. I couldn't even make eye contact with him and just walked away. One of my aunts told me that I needed to let the past be in the past and get over it. I politely told her that it was none of her business and if he had done to her daughter what he did to me, she wouldn't be so forgiving. I've come to the realization that my family might be my family but I don't think they are the best people for me to surround myself with. They definitely don't have my best interests at heart. It's very hurtful to think that they accept the hell that he put me through without batting an eye and just pretend that he's still a part of our family even though his wife, my aunt, passed away years ago. What is that?! As far as I'm concerned, he is trash and needs to be tossed away with the rest of the garbage.

On a more happy note, one of my other uncles dressed up as Santa this year and made a visit for all the little ones in the family. This is a picture of my niece, Taylor, and as you can see, she wasn't so impressed. She wanted to go back to her mama as soon as she sat down on Santa's lap.

On Friday, I got up at 3:30 a.m. and did the annual crazy Christmas shopping marathon. I got some really great deals, I have no idea why I bought some things that I did and will be returning them this week, but I only have 1 more gift to buy. Woo hoo! Now I just have to wrap them all and find a place to store them until Christmas. I've decided that I don't feel like putting up a tree this year. Most people think that's weird but I just don't feel like doing it.

I hope you all had a fantastic holiday!

5 Comments:

Blogger Miss Hope said...

Me and my partners in crime did the shopping thing again this year. That's the tenth year (might be more-can't remember) that we've done it. I swear everytime it just gets better and better.

I crashed for four hours when I got home. Was a good day.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Angela..I'm so glad you decided to adopt too.

Do me a favor and drop me an email (it's posted on my profile)and I'll give you a few helpful pointers that people didn't give me at first. :o)

5:09 AM  
Blogger Mrs. D. said...

Did you get my email? If not call me asap... it is about a big reunion!

7:38 AM  
Blogger Dinah said...

THis shopping thing sounds like so much fun. I wish we had the crazyness in Canada.

Kids and Santa are way cute.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Becky L said...

yeah, a lot of little kids are scared of Santa. the first time erica saw him, she screamed for five minutes.

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home