Life's Ups and Downs

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

An Old Friend ... A New Post

Hi all! It's been a long time since I posted and I have lots to tell you. After vacation, almost 2 months ago, I got sucked back into the work vortex. My social life completely disappeared, as did any free time to even read a book. I'm trying to pull out of that now but I'm still getting slammed on a daily basis and my company is trying to go through a merger so I can't really cause too much of a stink or I could get lost in the transfer ... not good. I also got a fish tank for my desk, thinking that the fish would relax me but, sadly, I killed about 14 fish and 4 frogs so not too much relaxation there. One of my co-workers said he was going to call the ASPCA on me!!

I had my wisdom teeth taken out about 3 weeks ago. That was a complete and total nightmare. I had a full on panic attack in the chair when I realized that the "oxygen" they were giving me was actually laughing gas and I couldn't think straight. The pulse monitors started beeping like crazy so the dentist slammed the IV in very quickly and I was out. I got a horrible infection in one of the teeth removal spots and that was pure horror and pain. All is well now and I even got the 4 teeth they took out. They're really cool in a disgusting kind of way.

I finally got sick of my house looking like a white trash dumping ground so I've been forcing my boy to help me clear things out. We got a new couch and a new bed and we're having flooring put in on October 2. Sadly, we couldn't save the original hardwoods. The previous owner completely destroyed them with the cement fillers he put in. ERGH!!

Last but not least, the weather is finally cooling down. Highs are in the 80's this week. Woo hoo! I'm hoping that last month's electric bill of over $400 will drop quite a bit since we aren't running the air conditioner quite so much. I have all the doors and windows open now (the ones that aren't painted shut) and there is a nice cool breeze flowing through here. It's really nice.

All right, I am off to catch up on all my favorite blogs. I PROMISE that I will not be such a stranger again.

Happy Tuesday!

11 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

It is ABOUT time!!! Lord...I was afraid I was going to have to call the search and rescue!

Oh..wisdom teeth. NO. I got a bad infection in one of my sockets afterwards too and it was the most horrible,disgusting, painful thing I have ever experienced!

8:52 PM  
Blogger Miss Hope said...

Glad to see you're still around, girl. I've been slack on the blogfront, too. Now we'll both start up again and by Christmastime....we'll have to catch up 2 months worth again.

How can we be so busy ALL the time? Boggles the mind, huh?

9:42 AM  
Blogger X said...

Glad to hear that you're still alive and kickin! LOL...fish murderer! For get the SPCA...I'm thinking the FBI :P I had an icky wisedom teeth experience too, so I feel your pain (although that DOES sound pretty bad!). And boo to people destroying orginal gardwood flooring. Hope the new stuff is just as purty!

10:39 AM  
Blogger Kat_womanx2 said...

Hey..glad to see you back...we missed you!!!

9:06 AM  
Blogger Dinah said...

I'm so excited that you're back!

10:21 AM  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Oh... I had all four of my wisdom teeth out about 10 years ago... For about a month after all I could eat was Ensure...


Glad to see you're back!

1:39 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

Sounds like things have been super busy. I can so relate the electric bills, this last month was the highest I have ever seen. I could have rented an apartment for that price. Hopefully the weather will stay nice and the rain will stick around too. My water was over $100 and my grass still looked dead. Ah, the fun of Texas. Hope we hear from you again soon :)

12:00 AM  
Blogger tsduff said...

There is nothing good at all about any wisdom tooth experience. My condolences.

I thought you were becoming the first blog statistic of making everyone wonder if you died and just left your blog dangling forever in space. Glad you are back!

6:30 PM  
Blogger Becky L said...

my first year in college, i had an AWFUL roomate. so, i bought fish to help relax me. whenever i got insanely mad at the girl, i'd look at my fish.

it worked...

until spring break. when i came back, they had ick, and all but 2 died.

6:35 AM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Seriously...I think your boss and I need to have a long talk.

5:58 PM  
Blogger Forzavryheid said...

Glad to have you back!!

(And glad to BE back) : )

Good luck with the merger, fish murdering and house de trailer-trashing!!

HAPPY WEDNESDAY!!

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home