Life's Ups and Downs

Friday, July 14, 2006

7 Days till Paradise

Again, I apologize. I keep thinking that work will slow down and then ... WHAM ... KAPOW ... I get hit again. As of yesterday, I hadn't had a day off in 2 1/2 weeks with me working 14-16 hour days. I'm pretty sure that my mental capacity has dropped by at least 50%. I finally took today off to go shopping for my vacation and I only got about 11 phone calls from the office. "Not many," she said sarcastically. Is that spelled right? See what I mean? No brain power left.

It doesn't matter, though. Life is good. I go on my fabulous Puerto Vallarta trip NEXT SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!! We began the countdown at 108 days and we are down to a week. We are all meeting at my best friend's house and taking a shuttle to the airport together, drinking mimosas on the way. Keep in mind, the shuttle picks us up at 3 a.m. Ouch!! But that just means that I will be drinking a bloody mary on the beach by 10! I can't freaking wait!!

Check out this fabulous mind saving and murder preventing holiday destination link. This place looks amazing. When my boy and I went to Cabo last year, we stayed at the same resort there and had the best mini vacation that could be had. Everything was fantastic from the food, the people, the rooms. Can you tell that I'm just a liiiiiiittle bit excited.

I bought this really cool belt that lights up and runs any words you program into it across the belt itself. I am trying to figure out what to put on there. I'm sure something like "Uno Mas Cerveza, Por Favor" will be the winner. I can program in up to 1100 characters or something like that. Right now it says "Crazy Me Rocks!" My boy thinks I am a dork. I think I am a genius for buying this thing. I'm going to have so much fun with it.

Hope you are all doing well. Happy Friday!

13 Comments:

Blogger tsduff said...

You crack me up. I think that is hilarious about the belt. How about "Forget fish tacos - Cerveza por favor..." I wish it were me. We just got back from beautiful Iceland, and my vacation is over, seemingly like FOREVER. It will take me 6 months to save up some more time off of work, and by then my own boy shall have rolled his eyes in impatient disgust, and taken off on his own personal vacation; without me. In fact, he is already planning his next road trip in two weeks - solo. I hope you have a FABULOUS TIME: it goes so damn fast.

10:49 PM  
Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

I just saw one of those cool belts walk by me the other day; I was so surprised--not to mention uncomfortable at the idea of focusing on a stranger's belt buckle--that I didn't catch what it said.

Hope your vacation is wonderful, I'm way overdue for a trip to paradise myself.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

I too think you are an absolute genius. The Cerveza message is a MUST.

I'm so jealous. Have an awesome time. You really deserve it.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Kat_womanx2 said...

can I come with you?!?!?!?! I need more vacation

8:22 PM  
Blogger cantellya said...

Oh wow. I sure hope you have fun! I think the belt's a great idea. I'd wear one too! Can't wait for your next update. I'm sure you're having a blast right now :)

1:27 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Love the belt!! I could use one myself, the possibilites are endless!

6:23 AM  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

The only phrase you need to know is:

"Uno mas cerveza frias, por favor!"

1:48 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

So exciting! The place looks fabulous. The pool bar pic is pretty funny.

"Yo soy borracho, compras uno mas por favor"

12:01 AM  
Blogger X said...

Have an awesome vacation babe! You deserve it! I am so jealous! :)

and LOL @ the belt! :)

12:13 AM  
Blogger Dinah said...

That sounds like the coolest belt ever.

6:52 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

Hope the belt is working :-D

5:21 PM  
Blogger Becky L said...

OMG! its been so long since i've visited your blog!!! [sorry!] you're already on your vacation! hope its fun.

as for alcoholic spanish phrases: estamos aqui por la cervesa. We're here for the beer. its one of the few things i remember from Spanish class.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

You MUST be back already!! come on!

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home