Life's Ups and Downs

Monday, June 12, 2006

Car Shopping Nightmare and Travel

I have been going back and forth to Houston for the past couple of weeks for work and it is a real drag. The scenery between Fort Worth and Houston isn't the best to look at so the drive is loooooooong and booooooooring.

My car starter is going out so I decided that it might be time to go ahead and get that Cooper Mini that I've been jonesing for. The sick part of car shopping ... the negotiating. Well, I looked up invoice pricing, researched tactics, found any rebates, etc., etc., etc. and was ready to go.

I have spoken to every Mini dealer in the metroplex and Houston and NONE of them will negotiate on price with me. NO NEGOTIATING AT ALL!!!

Apparently, supply is still catching up with demand so they aren't budging a bit. I did get the dealer here to throw in some of the extras that I wanted but didn't want to pay for ... about $500 worth of stuff but still. Ergh ..... It is so frustrating. I HATE buying cars.

Now, I'm waiting to find out if the car that I want, that is supposed to go to another dealer, can be traded to the dealership here. If so, I am getting it. If not, I will be waiting until the end of the year and buying a 2007 model instead. Right now, it's in transit to the port in S.C. and will land there on the 18th. I should know by Wednesday whether or not the car is mine.

That's all I've got for now. I hope all is well out in blogger land.

Happy Monday!

10 Comments:

Blogger X said...

Mini Coopers are hot. If the Mini was a guy, I'd jump it! LOL

I hope it works out for you, they're purty. Do you think that they'd negotiate on 2006 Mini's when the 2007s come out? (Instead of getting an 07, you might get a deal!)

8:57 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

What a pain in the ass. I hated doing all that haggling too. I can't believe they wouldn't negotiate at all...that's such BS.

10:09 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

I hate all the negotiations too. It SUCKS!!! Seems like they have less patients with female too. I walked out on a guy after 3 hours and he was pissed as hell.

Good Luck!

11:39 PM  
Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

I'm actually drawn to car dealerships that are known for their straight price, no negotiating. I hate the haggling, hate the "I will write down a number" game. I've purchased 2 brand new cars, and have felt like shit upon leaving the dealership, for all of the stress, game playing, and wondering if I'm being duped. If I'm dropping $20K (or rather signing a loan for it), I want to feel excited and happy when I walk off the floor, not exhausted from a battle.

Ramble ramble, be sure and keep us posted, those mini coopers are adorable. After watching The Italian Job with Charlize Theron zipping around in one, I imagine there's a spy in every mini cooper.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Dinah said...

Nice car. Sounds like a headache, though, so I hope it works out alright. The salespeople sound a bit wankerish, but I will cross my fingers for you.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Tai said...

All's well here, and damn, I hope you get your Cooper!

11:13 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

When my daughter and I went shopping for her car (she wanted a Mini) two years ago, we ran into the exact same thing at the Mini Cooper dealership. NO dickering on the price whatsoever. No bargaining, hasseling, negotiating, horse trading, nothing. They even closed up shop early in the evening, not staying open after 6pm! She ended up with a Solaris instead.

7:14 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Are they still working you like crazy?

6:45 PM  
Blogger Sherry said...

How goes the car battle? Personally I just bought the first car that was green and fell in my price range...and have regretted it ever since. Hmmm. I'll remember you the next time I car shop!

-Sherry
joeandsherry.blogspot.com

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Broker edmonton in loan loan pre settlement Houghton michigan auto insurance rates defense attorney Deduction refinance Sacramento search engine optimization part time jobs philadelphia

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home