Life's Ups and Downs

Monday, December 11, 2006

Cosmic Weirdness

About a month or so ago, I was totally conned into buying a pet rat at the pet store. She was the last tiny rat left and the clerks were afraid she was going to get sold as snake food so me, being the sucker that I am, bought her and made her a part of our extended animal family.

This weekend I was cleaning out Olivia's, the rat's, cage. I thought the cats were completely involved with their food in the other room but I was wrong! Oh so very wrong!! I had the lid off Olivia's cage, she was sitting in my hand as I scooped out her bedding, and out of nowhere one of my cats, Sweet Monkey, came flying over my shoulder into the cage!!

Olivia freaked out and ran up my arm with Sweet Monkey in hot pursuit. About this time, someone started knocking on the door. I was yelling, "Hold on a second," while trying to simultaneously grab my cat and my rat who has now crawled into my hair and is on the back of my neck. (Now, I am really cool with my rat but I am NOT cool with her being in my hair!!!!)

I finally got Sweet Monkey under control and on the ground but I still couldn't get hold of Olivia so I answered the door to the UPS guy. As I was signing for my package, he asked, "Ma'am, did you know that you have a mouse on your ear?" Yes, Olivia had crawled up through my hair and was poking her little face out over my ear! I told the UPS guy that yes, I was aware of the rat on my head and I was completely impressed when he replied, "K... just checking." He then took his clipboard back and left.

Talk about drama and weirdness! My boy says that if he didn't live with me he would think that I make this stuff up. Is it possible to be hit with a cosmic weirdness bolt at birth? I think the universe has been playing jokes on me for years now!

12 Comments:

Blogger Keshi said...

**My boy says that if he didn't live with me he would think that I make this stuff up.

LOL!

Keshi.

12:07 AM  
Blogger Becky L said...

i cant believe that the UPS guy showed up just at that momment.

it always seem to happen that someone comes to the door at just the WRONG momments.

7:43 AM  
Blogger Kat_womanx2 said...

ha ha ha..Loved the story...you are someone I would lovingly refer to in my world as a "shit magnet" LOL

8:02 AM  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

I almost pissed myself laughing at this one...

8:04 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Unfortunately, I've been hit by this cosmic wierdness 'bolt' at birth, as well.

If I didn't know it was true, I would never believe half the stuff that happenes to me is true.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Tai said...

That's FUNNY!
Glad the cat and the rat and UPS guy were all okay after that!

12:03 PM  
Blogger Miss Hope said...

No way on this God's green earth would I willingly touch a rat.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Hilarious! Thanks for the laugh, will tell this story at happy hour tonight.

3:51 PM  
Blogger Dinah said...

Olivia is the cutest name ever.

10:37 PM  
Blogger Sherry said...

Excellent! A UPS guy who can stay cool under pressure!

You're from SD? Whereabouts?

11:51 AM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

You got a rat? Ewwwwwww.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

Sherbears ... I lived in Wessington Springs for a few years, Sturgis for a year (We moved because of the ralley. This was back in the day before corporate America bikers and there were lots of rough characters around at that time.) We eventually lived in Philip for many years. I loved small town life there. The people are lovely.

Hope and Lindsey ... Olivia rocks. She is a total cutie, even with her long rat tail!

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home