Life's Ups and Downs

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

My 29G Birthday

Yesterday, Jan 2nd, was my 29G birthday. For those of you that actually count the years past 29 and not the letters, that's 35. I was expecting it to be slightly more traumatic than it was. Surprisingly, I wasn't nearly as stressed as I thought I was going to be.

Because I am hitting my mid 30's, I informed my boy and my friends that I would be celebrating my birth WEEK and not my birth DAY this year. We kicked off the week on the first with tequila. Lots and lots of tequila! My boy made tons of food and we had an impromptu party with a couple of my girlfriends and my little brother. The evening was spent drinking the tequila mentioned before and watching some car auction where we played along at home and placed our bids, trying to match the winner of the actual auction. Kind of sounds weird but was actually very fun.

Yesterday, the real day, my boy made breakfast (even while suffering a pretty decent sized hang over) and I got my presents ... a beautiful, hand beaded purse from my boy and the Bonzai dvd game from my little brother. One of my girlfriends came over and my boy took us to the shooting range. (I've always wanted to try it.) I did all right but the noise freaked me out a little so we were done in about 45 minutes. I don't think that I will ever be comfortable around guns, just not my thing. We had dinner at Razoo's and then came home to play games with friends. Fun!

Tomorrow is shopping with my Christmas gift cards. Thursday and Friday are back to work days ... sigh ... but my boy has promised delicious dinners on both nights. Saturday is the big night out with about 15 friends. We are going to the Italian Inn for dinner. I love the singing waiters. After that, we are off to the dueling piano bar for drinks and general loud fun.

Not too shabby for an "old" lady!

11 Comments:

Blogger Sherry said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a great time with great gifts!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Tai said...

"29G" Hey, I have that one coming up in June!

I hope it's as spectacular as yours...guns and tequila and dueling pianos!!

Have a great BirthWEEK!!

12:05 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

hey Happy 35th sweetie! WOW u r in mid-30s and apparently they r the sexiest years of a girl's life ;-) I think u had an awesome time MWAHHHHHHHHH!

Keshi.

5:40 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Happy Birthday...and let me just tell you...as of this year...I'm celebrating with letters! I LOVE the idea.

7:31 PM  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

I have a very good friend of mine who does the whole "Birthday Week" thing... I think I'm going to do that next year.

And you think hitting 35 is bad? Try to big 41 like I hit last week.

7:23 AM  
Blogger Kat_womanx2 said...

I saw 35 come...and go...~sigh~ oh to be young again and know what I know now!!!! Have a WONDERFUL Birthday/week!!!!!

I have pics of the puppy posted if you want a look at him..

12:24 PM  
Blogger Miss Hope said...

Happy Birth Week!!!!

I hit 29g in '06. Might have a problem with 29h this year. You know....on the side towards the big 4-0?

Gonna get me some guns and tequila. Sounds like a winnning plan.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Becky L said...

yeah for Christmas gift cards! it really is the way to go. There are so many sales after Christmas, you can get twice the amount of things for the same price.

i just went shopping today with some of my gift cards. So fun.

Well, happy birthday! thats so fun that you celebrated all week. I wish i could do that...

12:57 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

Tequila rules! Happy birthday little miss 35 :-)

2:04 PM  
Blogger Dinah said...

Happy Birthday! Birthweeks sound awesome.

8:27 AM  
Blogger X said...

Happy belated bday and new year! :)

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home