Life's Ups and Downs

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Home Sweet Home?

I had an absolutely amazing and completely emotional trip back to South Dakota. I honestly didn't want to come back to Texas. My hometown has changed so much but, on the other hand, hasn't changed at all. I saw so many people, had so many wonderful conversations, and lived so many memories .... and right now I feel like a big chunk of my heart has been ripped out and run through a shredder.


I'll try and write more about this later but for now, here are a few pictures.













Me and Miss B The Wonderful K Family




Some of my old classmates to the right and R, the boy that gave me my first kiss, above.














My old school and then me and Miss C, one of my oldest friends

Have a wonderful week!

8 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. D. said...

It is hard to come home isn't it... I am glad you had a great trip!!!

I had a dream about you last night... you were on stage doing a stand up routine about working at Cacique. Is this ESP? Are you planning an alternative career that involves jokes about me???

btw... you look great in the pics... o much weight did you lose? I need the secret!

What about Jenny's tv show??? Is it coming on??? Are we having a watching party???

Let's get together soon!
xxoo,
JP

9:13 AM  
Blogger Kat_womanx2 said...

That was a really nice post..I was wondering what happened to you again...Glad you had a great time, and may you find peace in making your decisions!!

10:34 AM  
Blogger Bella said...

Nothing like going home for a visit after many years. Makes you appreciate things more.

10:48 AM  
Blogger tsduff said...

My Sweetie spent a lot of time in South Dakota (Deadwood), being as his Dad was born and raised there... I've never been but would love to go one day. At one time I dreamed of riding my Harley to Sturgis, but that dream isn't really alive anymore because Sturgis is so commercialized as a bike run now. I'm glad you had such a fabulous visit to your past - like re-reading a good book it brings up all the living emotions as you walk through the experiences again.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

wow how nice...great pics of happy times!

Keshi.

8:46 PM  
Blogger Miss Hope said...

Yeah...I know. Now that I've finally left home...I'm not so sure I want to go back at all. Either way...it doesn't make for good feelings inside.

Thanks for sharing pictures. (show and tell at school was always my favorite!). You look fantastic, girl!

8:57 PM  
Blogger Becky L said...

awe. I hope your adjustment back to texas isnt too hard.

6:44 AM  
Blogger Vixen said...

Oh going home and leaving again is always a hard thing. I've noticed since I moved south from the NE. It's great that you had a good trip home and made lots of wonderful new memories!

I love the pics! Thanks for stopping by my blog, great to read you again!

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home