Life's Ups and Downs

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Big Love

I can't sleep so I just watched Monday's episode of Big Love. I am totally obsessed with the idea behind this show. Polygamy, sister wives, a schedule of visitation with your spouse .... mind boggling, but at the same time, very thought provoking.

I asked my boy what he thought and, in typical male fashion, he was all for having more than one woman at his beck and call. LOL! I believe he was thinking more of the "intimate" moments than of things like shoe shopping, pms, and the ladies getting irritated when he leaves his socks everywhere. I can't say that I blame him though. If I could have a stable of beautiful men vying for my attention, I imagine it would be something akin to what a rock star feels. Mind you, that would be more socks for me to pick up ... ugh! Nope, that wouldn't work. Plus, I have that whole aversion to marriage thing.

I recently read a book where the characters formed an Ilian, an alternative kind of family. I believe they were allowed to have anywhere from 3 to 9 men and women form each unit.

Can you imagine? More people around to help handle life's daily issues, more people to laugh with, and more people to pick up socks ... and there is no binding, legal document! It sounds great to me so I'm taking applications!!

Happy 4th!

13 Comments:

Blogger Philip Girls Fast Pitch Softball said...

The whole polygamy thing has often had me wondering. I grew up Mormon, you know, although I am no longer. I do, however think more wives would be great, but only if I could choose them. Imagine someone to shop with, lay out with, and help with housework.
And then there is the concept of multiple husbands... and I can only conclude that they would likely all skip work and go fishing/golfing, so it is probably a no go.
But an Ilian? Never heard of this before. I may have to check it out and get myself an application. I only wonder what my little girls would think? Ha!

4:42 PM  
Blogger Bella said...

I love reality TV. Wish I had known about this show. Tomorrow night Big Brother starts up again! :)

7:23 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

LOL good thinking here, rather HOT thinking.

**in typical male fashion, he was all for having more than one woman at his beck and call

well guys love polygamy. WHY IS THAT?



**More people around to help handle life's daily issues, more people to laugh with, and more people to pick up socks

And more ppl to throw hissy fits at me? NO THANKS! :)


Keshi.

12:01 AM  
Blogger Vixen said...

I posted a few posts back about Big Love. Because for as open minded as I am, I just don't get polygamy. I can usually justify a persons/groups way of thinking and see their side of it even if I don't agree. Not this. I just can't fathom.

So your PMSing, you really need some TLC and your "husband" comes home to go to bed with his other wife. Hell no!

8:01 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

It would never work for me! I'm faaaaar to posessive, I don't like to share! LOL

8:17 AM  
Blogger TrĂ©e said...

Not sure how good my multitasking skills are. I'm still working on the proper handling of just one and the learning curve is steeper than I thought. :-D

9:01 AM  
Blogger OneHungMan said...

Having seen the show (though that's difficult since it's on HBO every single night), but your post kind of reminds me of how OneHung thinks the late 60s and early 70s were...free love and everyone living in a teepee together.

Polygamy is only good for getting your rocks off...OneHung only has one wife and he wants to beat the shit out of her on a daily basis, there isn't enough anger to go around for multiple spouses.

9:05 AM  
Blogger OneHungMan said...

On OneHung's profile there should be a link to his e-mail. If you send him an e-mail, he'll try to walk you through the linking process.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Memphis said...

I have several friends who are, in fact, doing this very thing. The only way I'd want multiple wives is if they were all hot, loved sex with me, and weren't into having any other men in the relationship. Not that you asked me or anything.

4:20 PM  
Blogger Hermes said...

No one wants to admit it but, sexually, most men have trouble pleasing one woman. More than one is a fantasy that most men wouldn't know what to do with. Some people like this type of lifestyle and I don't judge it. Whatever makes one happy. I think that each person involved would have to three times more emotionally smart, patient and mature than your average citizen. Otherwise, it wouldn't work.
I like this post, it made me think.

7:40 PM  
Blogger little things said...

As a woman, I could only accept polygamy if I had the kind of love for 'our' husband that wasn't the i-miss-him-so-much-when-he's-not-around-that I-feel-sick kind of love.

It would drive me crazy otherwise.

9:34 AM  
Blogger little things said...

PS I wouldn't mind having some help around the house though...

9:35 AM  
Blogger Spider Girl said...

I may be mistaken, but I think in many polygamous households the main wife has a huge saying in choosing the other wives. So it would probably work out okay.

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home