Life's Ups and Downs

Friday, August 26, 2005

"A" is for Accomplishments and Angela's Irritations

Things I am proud of this week:

During a conference call, when the speaker began saying ummm ... so much that it was all I could hear ( in 15 minutes, I counted 135 ummmms,) I resisted the urge to begin gargling my diet coke to drown out the sound of her voice.

When a co-worker stood over me and forced me try a bite of the cake she made and brought in to share, I didn't vomit and yell, "This tastes like feet!" I chewed it, swallowed it without gagging, thanked her politely, and tossed the rest in the garbage AFTER she walked away.

When tech boy ( the vote is in, he stays,) came to my desk and interrupted me in the middle of a major project that I was working on to say that he and the cheating wife were going to have dinner this weekend and to ask my advice on a good place to take her, I maintained eye contact and listened instead of using my scissors to stab him in the heart.

When my boss pulled everyone into the conference room for a "short" meeting that lasted an hour, I sat quietly and listened to what he was saying instead of pulling out my nail clippers and trimming my split ends in the hopes that that would speed him along.

And finally, the thing that made me the most proud today was that it was jeans day and I wore my Mullets: Business in the Front. Party in the Back. t-shirt. All I had to do was read it and I'd smile.

Happy Friday!

6 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

Ha ha! Good for you! Fridays make me so happy and nice to everyone. I was even nice to the Crazy Psycho lady. Amazing.

And i absolutely HATE when people use 'ummmmm' as a crutch when they're speaking. Drives me nutty.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Hahaha...

one of my pet peeves are the speaking of the ums.

Also, pet peeves are a bit of a pet peeve..

*is a walking contradiction*

ah, the beauties in life.

:-p

1:59 AM  
Blogger Forzavryheid said...

I feel your pain...

HAPPY FRIDAY!

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know we can't wait to see how Tech Boy's weekend turned out. We really can't. Tell Boy it entertains us.

Have a good Monday. As if, huh?

10:32 PM  
Blogger lookingbusy said...

Cool! My frequently late coworker is supposed to be bringing me in birthday treats today... she isn't here yet and I am getting hungry.

10:30 AM  
Blogger EssentialStephen said...

I have to get one of those shirts!!!

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home