Life's Ups and Downs

Monday, October 10, 2005

Fall Fever

Finally! The weather is starting to cool off here in good 'ole Texas and I've found that I have major, MAJOR fall fever. It's hard to get out of bed when the sun isn't up and it's hard to get to work on time when you hit snooze 7 times. My boy had to push me out of bed this morning and he paid for it, big time. I am not a morning person and being shoved out of bed because I wouldn't wake up really put me in a not so pleasant frame of mind.

I was so close to calling in today but decided to be an adult and go in. Wish I hadn't. It was a long day and every person in my office stepped on my last nerve, grinding it into oblivion! I am ready for a week long stint of doing nothing but sitting on my bootie and that isn't coming until Christmas. Erghhhhhh .... maybe I should go to one of the college bars around here and make fun of the young 'uns. Yes, I'm feeling that immature and irritated today.

Hope you had a good start to what is probably going to be a looooong week. Happy Monday!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

Girl I'm with you! That's exactly how my day has gone...EXACTLY. I really don't want to have to go in and face tomorrow...why cant' we just stay home and read a good book?

6:15 PM  
Blogger Abigail S. said...

Mondays... It's a tough day. It can make or break a week.
Luckily for me... today was a pretty good one. But that's because today was an in-service day at school. Just a bunch of meetings. I dread seeing what the kids are going to be like tomorrow!

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky you. We're still waiting for a break in the hot weather. Feels wierd sending the kids to school still wearing flip flops and shorts.

Hope your week perks up. Just think...it'll be cool enough for hot chocolate soon! With big fat marshmallows, of course.

9:33 PM  
Blogger Becky L said...

fall time is wonderful time!

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home