Life's Ups and Downs

Thursday, September 22, 2005

I'm Eeeeeevil!

All right, Hurricane Rita is bearing down on Houston with the possibility of it hitting the metroplex while still a Cat 1. People at my office are freaking out , making contingency plans for what to do if power is knocked out and the office is closed for 3 days next week. There is no way that the office will shut down for three days so I can sit on my couch, drinking a beer, and vegging out. I know it is probably bad of me to say, but I am really hoping the power at my office does go down because the thought of being home is pure bliss!

I didn't get a chance to speak with tech boy today. He was running around like he had a firecracker up his butt about to ignite, trying to get technology set up for our Houston branch people that are headed this way. Score 1 for Rita!

My boss asked all of us to make sure that our work is completed far enough in advance so that if we are out next week, there will be no issues with our clients' ads. Seriously folks, should you really care if your advertisements hit the post office if Houston is decimated by a hurricane? I say, chill the heck out!

I did take several frantic calls from people today worried about their ads and it was all I could do not to roll my eyes and ask if they were serious. Maybe this will result in bad karma for me ... a tree will probably crash through my house or something, but I really don't see it being that bad up here.

I'm more concerned about more evacuees headed this way. Crime has already jumped since the New Orleans folks hit the area and police are combing the shelters trying to find the missing sex offenders. Nice, huh?

I apologize if my attitude offends anyone but, quite frankly, I have had it with the crappy attitudes of entitlement, the laziness, and the problem people that have already moved this way. I heard a story today about someone using their $2000 FEMA card to buy diamonds! Are you kidding me?!! Why am I giving donations so someone can have some freaking bling bling?!!

Well, I have to head outside and put any loose items that could blow around up in the garage. Sorry for the negative energy but it's been a loooooong day.

Happy Thursday!

5 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

Amen sister! I was watching the news and someone had taken their Red Cross gift card and used it to buy a designer handbag. It just pisses me off. That money could have gone to others that really needed it.

And yeah, people stress way too much. I'm a low stress person. I don't freak until I know for sure there is something to freak about.

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's perfectly fine to express your own opinion. Thing is, I totally agree with you, sister! There's always gonna be some bad apples in the bunch...too sad when there are others who are truly in need and wouldn't abuse the system...whatever kind of system it is.

We just breezed through Ophelia here. Hope you get the same results I was lucky enough to get. Keep us posted!

Good weekend to ya.

10:13 PM  
Blogger Becky L said...

they're buying bling-bling with their $ ???

thats awful! they're one bling short of a bling-bling!

10:04 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Good luck with the Rita and stay safe Angela.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Abigail S. said...

Stay safe during Rita. Let us know ASAP that you made it through ok.

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home