Life's Ups and Downs

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Hump Day ... Do the Humpty Hump

I can now officially begin counting down to the weekend! If you count the days, then hours, and then minutes until you can leave your office for 2 days, do you think that's a sign that you really should find a new job?

My lazy co-worker came in late today and will be off for the next 2. Hip Hip Hooray!! What this means is that I do not have to look perpetually busy when I've completed my work because I don't have to dodge lazy trying to give me some of their work. It gets to be quite frustrating because I can't stop and just think for a minute without a, "Can you help me with something?" or a "I'm so swamped. I really need to pass you some of my projects." Considering the fact that I work on one of our largest accounts and always have a "to do" list going, it just amazes me that lazy can spend 6 hours, and no I'm not kidding, cleaning out their archived e-mails and then complain about how they just don't have enough time to complete anything and need my help. At least, I can rest assured that I have kicked major butt this year and should be getting a nice raise!

Tech boy was out of the office for a day or two, I wondered why I hadn't seen him, but he snagged me today and said he really needed to speak with me. I blew past him and said, "On my way to a meeting. Gotta run!" I'm thinking that he will probably get me tomorrow so I am off to the store to buy that blowtorch and a can of Raid!

Happy Hump Day!

5 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

At least you get a few days of peace! My boss has a tendency to pass a lot of shit onto me. She'll walk in, see my desk covered in piles of papers and files and still hand me more and say I need to get back with her by the end of the day...

7:04 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Hmmm..... I wonder what tech boy has that's so important he needs to speak with you. I'm going to be on pins and needles until we get an update. :D

7:11 PM  
Blogger Abigail S. said...

like Sherri said, I'm anxious to hear what he says.

But if he bugs you, talk about menstral issues! That should shut him up... Or turn him on.... GROSS!

9:36 PM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

I haven't kicked, maimed, or talked to tech boy about menstuation issues, although that makes me laugh out loud just thinking about it!

5:57 PM  
Blogger Becky L said...

tech boy sounds like a trip...

btw, i hate lazy people too. its SOOOO annoying! so, i celebrate with you over their absence.

but, does absence make the heart grow fonder? will you be happy when they come back?

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home