Life's Ups and Downs

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Trauma Tuesday

It's Tuesday and the week is going by sooooo slowly. I won't be posting tomorrow. My boy and I are celebrating 3 years and he's planned a nice evening out somewhere. He won't give me any details but did ask if I could go in late on Thursday. Hmmm .... I don't know if I should be afraid. As for the 3 year mark, I don't know which one of us is more surprised that we made it this long. Neither one of us wanted a relationship when we met but I guess the planets were aligned or something because here we are.

So, Tuesday trauma. Here are a few things that happened today.

I wore shoes that were a little bit too high and fell on my bootie walking into a meeting. Yep, skirt up around my head, folders flying through the air, and diet coke all over my white sweater. I felt like a princess.

Lazy co-worker told me the 1575 cat story of the year. If only my mechanical pencil could reach my ear drums, it would save me so much heartache.

Lazy co-worker also shared story of "intestinal distress," using such words as bowels, gassy, and liquid. In the middle of this conversation, I swear I almost threw up.

Tech boy told me all about his internet date. Apparently, they met on E-harmony after he filled out the 126 points of compatibility questionaire or something like that. They went to a ball game and had a great time. He really feels like they made a great connection. Do you think he told her about the willy jewelry? Things that make you go hmmmm.

And finally, I didn't want to work today so I surfed the net and found these items:

Moon boots - $129.00 - Weren't they like $15 when I was a kid?
T-Shirt with Willie Nelson's face on it and the slogan. "Have a Willie good day!" - I have to buy this.
T-Shirt with the slogan, "Reading is Sexy." - That's what I'm talking about.
Maddox Mission site - Some guy reviews kids' artwork. Wrong on so many levels but really, really funny.

Sorry for the long post but I'm not posting tomorrow, as I mentioned, and I doubt I will Thursday. The girls and I are going to see Wicked. I LOVE musical theater!!

Happy Tuesday!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

I've been there, done that Angela. I don't think I ever recovered after the incident. I threw the shoes out!!

9:07 AM  
Blogger Becky L said...

I WANNA SEE WICKED! i'm jealous.

that lazy co-worker has broken SO MANY conversation-ettique rules!! never, never, never discuss internal bodily functions. (well, except with a doctor, but they're paid to have such nasty discussions.)

9:18 AM  
Blogger Abigail S. said...

I wish I could go see Wicked. The book was awesome!
The author is amazing! All of his books are so unique! You should read the one about Cinderella. It was amazing!

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home