Life's Ups and Downs

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Tech Boy Interuptuss

I thought I'd try something new in my quest to avoid tech boy conversations today so I took a book outside to read while I smoked my cig. Unfortunately, tech boy ignored what any other polite person would see.

As I'm sitting in my chair, smoking my cig, scanning the pages of my book that I have been waiting 3 WHOLE WEEKS to receive from the seller on half.com, tech boy comes outside. It went something like this.

tb - Nice day today.
me -nod, not looking up
tb - Hope it rains.
me - nod, not looking up
tb - So, my church elders want to go and speak to cheater but I don't know if that's a good idea.
me - nod, not looking up
tb - I'm afraid it might upset her and cause more issues while we are trying to work things out.
me - nod, frowning, not looking up, thinking church elders? Do they know about the piercing?
tb - We're going to dinner this weekend again. Should I mention it to her and see what she says?
me - sighing ... How can I ignore an actual question without coming across as a total b*tch? I am great at passive/aggressive behavior, but not good at completely disregarding another person.

Soooo, I get dragged into another discussion with the most boring nemesis on the planet. He droned on and on and on about the church elders' possible visit, where to go to dinner, and whether or not to make a move on cheater. The whole time, I'm standing there glassy eyed, drooling, and wishing that I was sitting on my couch knitting a sweater out of my own hair because it has to be more fun that this!!

So, next plan ... I think it should involve a blowtorch and a can of raid!

Happy Thursday!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

Ugh. I hate that. I worked with a guy that did the same thing...he was like a Mr. Rogers wannabe. He came to work everyday in a bow tie.
He'd always make the stupidest jokes and wouldn't let them go. So during lunch, I'd pretend to read a magazine so he wouldn't talk to me...never worked.

5:37 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

The minute you said 'church elders' I immediately thought about the piercing. Too funny.

5:38 PM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

I think they sell Raid and Blow Torch gift packs at Home Depot now.

Good Luck,

Ben O.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Abigail S. said...

Next time he starts talking to you, just up and walk away w/out saying anything! That would get quite a reaction.

Or start talking about "womanly issues" and over-embelish. Make HIM want to run away!

9:04 PM  
Blogger Becky L said...

WOMANLY ISSUES!!! thats great! oh golly, you MUST try that. let us know how it goes!

11:44 PM  
Blogger EssentialStephen said...

I didn't think people go to dinner with church elders...

10:34 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

How good that you landed on my blog! Thanks for leaving the comment. You like to read, I like to write. Maybe it's a turning away thing, happening here. I've given up being normal. Are you still there? Hotboy
p.s. Your profile is the best one I've ever read!

6:24 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Tech boy must be a real pain. If you're a man, you should be cool. If you're lucky this might make you an object of desire. A bower bird. People will come towards you. And be attracted to you. The guy is disfunctional. Can't you get him shot for that in Texas? Sorry to take up your time. HOtboy

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home