Life's Ups and Downs

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Another Day, Another Dollar

Has anyone else heard that electric prices will be rising 12% due to Hurricane Katrina and that natural gas will be going up 70%?!!! Those 2 increases, along with the super high gas prices are about enough to make me want to scream. My tanks of gas have jumped from about $35 to $50 per fill up already, and this while the oil companies are making record profits. How is a girl supposed to afford her shoe and book fetishes? Any ideas?!

Nothing really to report today. We didn't go see the cream corn wrestling, sadly. My back was messed up again all weekend so I basically sat on the couch drugged into a stupor by my muscle relaxers. Man, those things knock me the heck out and if you add a glass of wine or a beer ... forget about it. I am the reason they add the driving warnings to pills!

Sorry for the boring post but I have bills to pay and letters to write this evening. Happy Tuesday!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

I can't believe you didn't make it to see the cream corn wrestling! I was totally waiting for a report...
oh well...

I hope you're feeling better...you can fill me in next time.

6:19 PM  
Blogger Abigail S. said...

I know what you mean by high gas prices! I hate having to cut back on things... But I REFUSE to cut back on my Starbuck's coffee!

6:37 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Hope your feeling better soon Angela.

It's highway robbery the way they've raised the prices on everything. My light company charges everyone a $10 usage fee. Just to have electricity. That's up and above your normal light bill and taxes.

8:10 AM  
Blogger EssentialStephen said...

That is exactly why I have avoided doing my bills since the weekend...I don't want to cry about how little money is left for anything actually fun!

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home