Life's Ups and Downs

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Don't Agitate the Fish, Please

My boy and I made a visit to Wally World last night for last minute Thanksgiving foodstuffs and supplies of ADVIL (for the headache after the family visits) and we got in trouble by The Fish Guy.

You know the row of Christmas items that is filled with plush toys where you push the button and they make noise, sing a carol, or jingle their bells? Weeeelllll, we just happened to pass by and thought it would be fun to see how many we could get going at one time.

Apparently, fish swimming in tanks don't like all the racket and get a little agitated. The Fish Guy asked us to please stop because of above mentioned agitation. My question is this ... fish don't have ears so how in the heck can a bunch of noise agitate them? I thought he was full of it so I smiled, told him so, and reached over and pushed one more button for good measure ... and THEN, we left.

Kinda bratty but really fun!

Happy Tuesday!

9 Comments:

Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

I live vicariously through you! I would never have had the guts to push another button! LOL

6:26 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

Ha ha - funny thing to do~ too bad you got "spoken to"...naughty naughty.

I think fish have sensors on their body to feel vibrations in the water - sound might not feel too good. Then again I've been told fish can't feel any pain like the hook in their mouth when you catch them. Or like crabs & lobsters can't feel you boiling them... I like to hope not. Hmmm, who knows?

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You agitator you.

12:04 AM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

You know, I did that at Target the other day! lol. good for you.

5:19 AM  
Blogger EssentialStephen said...

They think that is noise? I think there is much more noise and activity in the ocean or other bodies of water where fish actually come from...

11:03 AM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

Thomas - seriously? That will make my boy very happy. His "free pass" will be a more attainable goal! LOL!! Sorry, I'm still not worried.

3:04 PM  
Blogger Abigail S. said...

You're my hero!

11:12 PM  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

I like fish...

Lightly battered with a slice of lemon and tatar sauce...

1:10 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Someone seems to have disappeard. ANGELA...WHERE ARE YOU???

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home