Life's Ups and Downs

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Why? Oh Why?


This is my wonderful, absolutely fabulous historic 1920 house. I love it! I dreamed of having a house like this when I was a little girl so when I bought this place a couple of years ago, I was thrilled beyond belief. This is the day that I closed so it looks a bit different now with a porch swing and an American flag hanging out front. Plus, not so much tree blockage. It has a wrap a round porch that is just amazing to sit on and read, play guitar, or visit with the neighbors.


This is what my living room looked like. Carpeted and RED!! (The picture looks black but it was seriously red.) We knew the original hardwoods were under there and have been procrastinating the restoration because, well, because we knew it was going to seriously suck.



This is what I'm dealing with now. Who in their right minds uses cement to fill in cracks on an original hardwood floor? Was the previous owner a complete and total nut job or what?@! And, why is there a huge section cut out and filled with plywood?


Because we are re-doing the floors, we thought this would be a good time to get rid of the red as well. I think I bit off more than I can chew. And, my boy is hating life right now. After 2 coats of primer, 6 coats of paint, yes 6, and a fight with the Home Depot manager on the fact that the paint looks nothing on the walls like it does on the color swatches, we finally got it right. No pictures of that though.



This is how happy we were on our anniversary last month. I don't think we'll be seeing this much relaxed happiness for a while now.

Sorry for the long picture journey. I hope you enjoy your nicely carpeted homes while I live in Destructo-Land.

Happy Tuesday!

5 Comments:

Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Love the pictures. Don't forget to post us all the after pictures as well. You do look like you have your work cut out for you, have fun. :)

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOOOOOO..I just love before and after pictures! Now we got something to look forward to! Now if your Mom saw this entry and the Happy Couple pic, you know she would be all over you to show her the after picture, too, right? You know...the one with You, Boy, and 2.5 kids?

heh heh...Sorry, I just couldn't resist....

Thanks for sharing!

9:02 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

You two look so cute together. I know you have got to be so stressed with you house. We just completely repainted the office ourselves while the dr. was on vacation. Huge pain in the ass!

5:07 AM  
Blogger Becky L said...

hey...
whats up with tech boy? any updates??
i'm DYING to know

9:32 AM  
Blogger lookingbusy said...

Hard wood floors are so cool. But, it looks like you are going to have to replace yours... :(

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home