Life's Ups and Downs

Monday, November 28, 2005

Holiday Madness

Sorry for the disappearing act. It was a crazy holiday week. Thursday, 2 families to get together with ... mine and my boy's. Friday, up at 3:30 to go shopping. I'm almost completely done with just a couple of movie tickets to buy. I got my boy some really great stuff this year for super cheap. I love a bargain! Saturday, more shopping and put up the tree. Sunday, another dinner with my mother ... at this point, I was really over turkey. Today, dr. appointment, yuck but had to be done. Yearly exam and flu shot. I have a lovely purple bruise from the blood drawing. Not so pretty.

Friday shopping was fun except for the fact that the family member who destroyed my rental house and cost me so much money and a year of my life was there the entire time. I was pretty upset that my aunt took it upon herself to invite this person, knowing how much I loathe him but she seemed to think it was no big deal. I guarantee that if he had put one of her kids through what he put me through, he would be buried in a forest somewhere.

I tried to not cause any scenes but I refused to look at him or speak to him. He acted like nothing was wrong and actually spoke to me and called me honey and touched my arm. At that point, I was ready to kill him myself but I took a deep breath, stared at him for a minute, turned around, and walked away. I was VERY upset and had I opened my mouth, there would have been a crazy screaming psycho (me) in the middle of the Target check out line at 6 a.m. I wasn't willing to put myself or the other shoppers through that.

For those of you that read about the trauma of the rental house, it's what got me started on this blog after my friend, Jamie, told me about hers, you have a little bit of an idea about how stressed I was. Seeing the man that put me through such a miserable year, was awful but it's over and other than him ... the weekend was great.

Happy Monday!

8 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

Oh Angela, I'm sorry you had to deal with that. This is why the Holidays suck.

5:39 AM  
Blogger EssentialStephen said...

Sorry to hear about your incident. I am impressed how maturely you handled the situation. I'm sorry that your aunt wasn't more sensitive to your feelings. I think people need to respect your feelings whether they agree or not with them.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Abigail S. said...

That's great that you have almost all your shopping finished... I haven't started at all!
But that sucks about that guy... Like stephen said, the way you handled it shows how mature you are!

2:22 PM  
Blogger Mrs. D. said...

What a good job you have done with your blog too!!!!!

I can not believe you were civil to Uncle Asswipe... you are a better person than I.

When are we going shopping?????

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cool and calm of you. Can't say I'd have been able to do the same thing myself. Hating you for getting shopping done. I've just started and have a ways to go. I was at those places too...what deals we got!

10:00 PM  
Blogger Read This said...

Maturity is ok, but it can be overrated. At target, eh? Any chance of slipping something into his pocket that would have made the alarms go off when you left? No, no good. The cameras might have caught you doing this and you could have been detained. However, a good old fashioned ass kicking in the parking lot of Target could have been a Kodak moment. Love your blog.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

Thanks all for the support. Believe me, no maturity involved, mostly shock.

James - Anytime you want to shop, I'm there. I can help scope things out for Mr. D. and buy some more stocking stuffers.

I promise, no more disappearing until Christmas. I have lots of vacation time and I plan on doing a whole lot of nothing!!

5:41 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Don't you just love family! Not!!!

Hang in there! It looks like you handled yourself superbly.

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home