Life's Ups and Downs

Friday, December 02, 2005

Bad Habit and the Aftermath

I have a really bad habit of tuning people out when I don't want to listen to them. I can run grocery lists, recite poetry, and count their pores in my head while the other person thinks I am totally engrossed in whatever asinine conversation we are supposed to be having. My boy calls me on this sometimes, usually when he's talking about projects that need to be completed around the house that I don't want to do!

Well, today my bad habit kicked me in the bootie!! My boss was yammering away in a meeting about something and asked if I would be willing to volunteer to help out. Me ... ummm sure. FYI, my boss and I used to work together at another job as co-workers so he knows me very well and was totally clued in to the fact that I wasn't listening.

Now, I am stuck serving the entire office bowls of chilli for this stupid chilli cook off that we are having. He totally bogarted my lunch break!! B*stard!! I guess I need to start listening a little better.

Happy Friday!

6 Comments:

Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

LOL! Busted!!

Poor Angela, hopefully it all goes well for you anyway.

6:14 PM  
Blogger Abigail S. said...

It could have been worse... No, not really! That pretty much sucks!
I can't tease too much, though. I do the same thing.

11:40 PM  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

What were you saying again? I must have missed it...

5:23 AM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

lol. Have totally been there, done that. Well, not the chili cook off part. But the tuning others out part. Poor thing! Well, it could have been worse...

6:52 AM  
Blogger Read This said...

You set the bar too high. They expect a highly competent, industrious, worker with a memory most card counters would be proud of. Those bastards. How dare they expect you to reach anywhere near your potental? Playing. You have a wonderful sense of humor and timing.

7:51 AM  
Blogger EssentialStephen said...

I do that too...and after the second time of saying "Sorry, what was that?" I kinda figure I should stop and just pretend I know what they just said...nod and say "Yes".

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home