Life's Ups and Downs

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Give The Gifts That Will Really Tick Them Off and a Tech Boy Sighting

I had the most fun tonight. One of my oldest friends and fellow blogger, Jamie, and I rediscovered a Christmas shopping tradition of ours from years past. We used to shop for our now ex-husband's presents together. Tonight, she shopped for her hubby, Mr. D., and I shopped for my boy and for family gift exchange gifts.

We got lots of great items and because I am royally irritated with my family because the butthead uncle was invited on a family outing, I ended up buying gifts that all had to do with drinking or gambling. I was unaware I was doing this until the 3rd or 4th gift. This is seriously going to tick off my two aunts that apparently think I should forgive uncle asswipe. Not a chance!!

I bought a Texas Hold Em poker keychain, Jack Daniels pjs, a shot dartboard drinking game, and The Brewmaster which ranks beers. I need one more gift but I am limited to $10.00. I wonder if I can get a butt plug for that much to really rile them up.

As we were leaving, I believe that I spotted Tech Boy buying a calendar. Jamie wanted me to talk to him so she could meet him but I cut across the food court and hid behing some potted plants, staring at the side of his face to determine if it was really him while she sauntered around to get a look at his face. She really admired his large diamonique ear ring. Quite lovely, I'm sure, but I didn't get close enough to really see it. I can't imagine what a picture we were while spying on this helpless man.

Now, I have to ask him tomorrow if he was at the mall and I dread that conversation. I have been avoiding him like the plague but James says that she misses the Tech Boy posts so I guess I'll have to take one for the team and start them up again.

Happy Thursday!

5 Comments:

Blogger Abigail S. said...

The best gifts are the ones that tick...

And please do talk to tech boy! ... Is it horrible that we want to put you in uncomfortable situations just for our amusement?

10:54 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Run away from Tech boy...if he sees you out socially...he's going to think he's your best friend. RUN RUN RUN!

5:24 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Definitely, avoid tech boy outside work at all cost. If approached, he may think you are actually interested in conversation with him. LOL

9:43 AM  
Blogger Becky L said...

LOL! what really would have been funny was if he found you spying on him.

then he'd REALLY think you were infatuated with him. he'd never leave you alone after that!

12:42 PM  
Blogger Read This said...

Approach tech boy with a tech question. Make sure you leave your real addy and your real phone number so he can stalk you correctly. LOL. Are you crazy? Leave that boy alone. Listen to the voice of reason, or at least me. All fun and games until he is rummaging through your trash for god knows what.

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home