Life's Ups and Downs

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Tis the Season to Skin a Cat

There is a battle going on in my home for possession of the Christmas tree ... me vs. Sweet Monkey, Weiner, and The Dude, my cats.

The three amigos seem to think that climbing the Christmas tree and breaking all the shiny ornaments is a fun activity. I disagree, especially when it leaves my tree almost completely devoid of color and a mess of broken glass for me to clean up every day after work. I wouldn't mind the colored glass balls being broken so much but they have moved on to my crystal butterflies and that just ticks me off.

I have armed myself with a powerful weapon that is kryptonite to all cats ... the squirt gun. Every time one of the little suckers goes within 5 feet of the tree, they get pelted with an unrelenting stream of water. Unfortunately, Sweet Monkey and Weiner think it is great fun to dodge the water and go on a kamikaze race around the house. The Dude doesn't even get a little freaked and he seems impervious to my threatening actions.

I am at my wits end!!

Happy Tuesday!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

Thus the reason I don't like cats. I used to own one that was impervious to the squirt gun. He was evil.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

For ten years I had cats... And could never, ever keep them from destroying the tree...

5:32 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

LOL!! I love cats! :D

I'm pretty sure there isn't a thing you can do about it.

12:53 PM  
Blogger lookingbusy said...

Eww cats smell.

Come play Mad Libs!

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home