Life's Ups and Downs

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Retail Therapy ... It's Good for the Soul

I have been sick and not at work for the past week. I guess my body finally said, "If you won't slow down, I'll make you!" I must admit, it has sucked being sick but it's been lovely not being at the office for 14 hours a day. I must also admit that I've been logging in from home every day, checking e-mails, and taking care of 'must be done right now or the world will come to an end' items. Probably not the smartest thing to do but I just can't seem to let go. What is up with that?!

Well, I am feeling better, going a little stir crazy, and believe or not, craving a walk or a bike ride out in the fresh air. Since that is not an option, seeing as how it's a little after midnight, I have indulged in a little online retail therapy. Nothing like shopping to raise the seratonin levels in a girl's brain!

I bought 10 books from half.com, which may sound like a lot but at $.75 a book, is nothing. NOTHING!!! I also began looking for a super sexy bikini to wear on my vacation to Puerto Vallarta. I think I have found the one I want. Check this hot mama vacation bikini out and let me know what you think. I most definitely do not have the body of the girl in the photo, but that's all right. My boy loves my ghetto bootie!!

I guess that's enough rambling for now. I should go to bed but in reality I will probably either read or work ... reading sounds much better. I hope you all have a great weekend.

Happy Friday/Saturday!

9 Comments:

Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Hope you're feeling better soon!

5:57 AM  
Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

It's amazing when you can't deny your body saying "you're going down" isn't it? Isn't it hard to believe that there are actually people that do that when they're supposed to, instead of waiting til they're walking dead?

The bikini is beautiful, and I wouldn't worry too much about not looking like that skeletal model. Someone needs to fatten her up a tad.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Miss Hope said...

Hot Mama, huh? 1. the swimsuit is sure to be a hit..it's gorgeous. 2. I thought you didn't say the word "mama" around your mother or she would be all about you giving her grankids?

I know that worn down vacation, girl. Take care of yourself so you can enjoy your REAL vacation! Glad you got a sort of break!

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

retail therapy is as good as food therapy. i recommend both. especially when feeling down. All the best.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

I love the VS bikini. That is actually one that I saw in the catalog and really liked. It should look great. The colors are so vivid.

Buying stuff without trying it on just never works for me. The last VS online purchase took 3 shippings to get it right. I also have 5 bathing suit mix n matches from the last one I bought from them 2 years ago.

12:47 PM  
Blogger X said...

$0.75 a book? I must check it out!

I prefer in-store shopping....more of an adrenaline rush! But yay to you my friend! :P

6:00 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Awesome bikini! Love it!

12:45 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

That is a gorgeous bikini! Does it come in a one piece? (Sigh - alas I don't do bikinis... the fashion police would get me).

what is a ghetto bootie?

5:01 PM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

TSDUFF - LOL!!! That means baby got back. I was blessed in the bootie department, no flat little butt on me.

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home