Life's Ups and Downs

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Dating Horror Stories

My girlfriends and I were talking recently and the subject of men came up, as they always seem to, so we began sharing our past dating horror stories. Since I have nothing else to write about today, I thought I'd share one of mine. Awful at the time but it makes me laugh now.

After my divorce, I went on a dating spree. I'd been with the same man from the ages of 19-28. Dating was not really something that I got to experience because I met my husband so young. Cute men, geeky men, funny men, smart men, I dated them all. I was a woman on a mission.

One night, I met this very funny, charming, and attractive guy and he asked me out. We decided to meet for drinks on a Friday night. (Never, ever let someone pick you up at home unless you know and trust them ... my words of wisdom for the day.) Anyway, we were having a great time. The conversation was flowing , we were laughing, getting along like a house on fire.

I ran to the restroom but when I came back, I couldn't find him. I searched the entire place and finally spied him in a corner, cuddling up with some other woman. And let me just say, it was obvious that they were more than friends catching up. Quite frankly, I could care less if he were hooking up with 100 different woman, but it's in pretty bad taste to do it while you're on a date with someone else.

Feeling a little humiliated and a lot ticked off, not a good combo for any woman, I decided to leave but realized that he NEEDED to be punished for his lack of judgement and stupidity. He had opened a tab at the bar for us so I marched up and ordered a round of drinks for everyone sitting there ... ON HIM! There were quite a few people and quite a few drinks involved but I refused to feel bad. After everyone got their drinks, I left.

Believe it or not, he actually called and apologized and gave me props for my revenge. Kinda makes you wonder what other women have done to him in the past.

Anyway, that's one of my horror dating stories. Believe me there are plenty more. Anyone else care to join in?

3 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

Lol!!! That was awesome!! What a jerk that guy was. Most women would have just left but you had the foresight to punish him too. Good for you.

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got a cute one. On my first date I doubled with a friend. I was the good friend who went out with my friend's boyfriend's cousin who was visiting. (did that make sense?) Cute guy. 6'6" and a preacher's boy. We went to a movie and then out to eat some fast food because curfew was approaching quickly! When he and I got to the counter to order, he whipped out a coupon!! His cousin (who bathed in money nightly) was mortified. Eh, it was all good. He was my Christmas vacation date for the next two years. But no more coupons ever showed up.

10:13 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

I don't have any bad dating horror stories at the moment. I'm a lot like you were, I've been with my husband since I was 19. Although, I have a bad first date stories.

On our first date I threw up all over. On our second date, we went horse back riding, me and my horse crashed into a tree. On our third date, got drunk and threw up all over again. Can you believe he asked me out on a fourth date after all that?? LOL

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home