Life's Ups and Downs

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Sunday Funday

What a fantastic and perfect day!! Men reading this, you probably won't get it but all the women out in blogland will totally feel this, I'm sure.

My boy left for work before I got up so I slept in and woke to a quiet house. Ahhhh bliss. I grabbed a diet coke and sat down on the couch for a Sex and the City dvd-a-thon. My boy hates that show but I love it and it was nice to watch episode after episode with no eye rolling or asking when I'd be done. Around noon, I took a nap and sprawled out, with the whole bed to myself. Ater a FABULOUS 2 hour nap, I got a pedicure. An hour of soaking and massaging and painting of the toenails later and my feet were in heaven. I headed next door to the nail salon and entered Ulta, a mecca of lip glosses, make-up brushes, and hair products. I am a total sucker for packaging and ended up with some new papaya shampoo and a ton of sweet smelling hair products and cute little lipsticks that will get used once and stashed in the bottom of my purse or the back on the medicine cabinet. I'm not really a girly-girl but every once in a while, it's nice to try.

When I finished my little shopping spree, I headed to Papa John's and got a pepperoni pizza with garlic dipping sauce. YUM!! As soon as I finish writing this, I am back out to the couch to watch a little more of my show and read my book. My boy won't be home until around 10 so I still have a few hours of me time to go. Just had to share my wonderful day!

Happy Sunday!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

Do you know that you just described the perfect day for me? I've had that same day recently, minus the boyfriend and the pedicure. And sub 'sex and the city' for the 'friends' DVD's...oh and diet mountain dew instead of diet coke. Okay...pretty much the same anyhow. And I ALWAYS order a Papa John's pepperoni pizza with and extra garlic butter sauce for dipping! How freakin' scary is this? Are we sure we weren't seperated by birth or something?

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Jealous. Very. Jealous. But glad someone got to have a complete "Me" day. I'm the hugest sucker for lip sticks and lip gloss. May this day hold your sanity for at least....a week?

9:12 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

I love those 'me' days!

2:39 PM  
Blogger Becky L said...

sounds absolutely WONDERFUL! hope you enjoyed a well-deserved day of restful bliss.

sighhh...

i should send my husband away with my daughter for a day so that i can have such a restful time. Sure, i'm home every day, but not sitting back, relaxing, etc. I'm more busy now than ever cuz my little rugrat is crawling into EVERYTHING. she'd kill herself if i turned my back for a minute.

ah well

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home