Life's Ups and Downs

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Please, Poke the Waiter

I went to lunch with a couple of girls and the manager seated us and asked if we would mind giving our waiter a hard time. Kind of a strange request but as long as he could assure us that the waiter wouldn't spit in our food, we were in. The manager said he would also give us each a milkshake. Cool, we got to irritate someone for no reason and a free peanut butter/chocolate milkshake. You can't go wrong on that deal!

Our waiter came to the table for our drink orders and the fun began. My specialty is sarcasm so I immediately began spouting rudeness for no apparent reason. One of the other girls is a major flirt so she went way over the top with the darlins and sweeties and actually made the waiter blush with some pretty outrageous flirting, and the 3rd girl just sat there and giggled.

The manager came back to our table and said our free milkshakes were in danger because the waiter hadn't said anything to him about us yet so we had to step it up a notch. When the waiter came back to take our food order, I ordered a burger and he asked if I wanted the special bun. Are you kidding me? He just handed our milkshakes to us on a silve platter!!

As loudly as I could, so all the surrounding patrons could hear, I said, "Honey, I appreciate the offer of your special buns but I've got some nice ones waiting for me at home." He began stammering that he didn't mean it that way and the flirt at our table jumped in and said she'd like to see his special buns and made him turn around so she could inspect them. The poor boy didn't know what to do so he quickly took our orders and ran away from our table.

We got our free milkshakes.

I think we scared the waiter though because he sent someone else to our table with the check and never came back! We did make the manager bring him over so we could tell the waiter how much fun we had and we gave him a huge tip so all is well.

Happy week to you!

5 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

I cannot believe the manager had you do that! lol!!!

How come that has never happened to me? damn.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

that sounded like a blast!! Did you ever find out why the manager had requested the 'customer from hell' behavior?

6:21 PM  
Blogger Becky L said...

your story just made my day!

thats hillarious.

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That had to be better than a 200 bucks an hour therapist. Sarcasm is my thing, too, and to be given free reign to unload some of it? Oh man...that was cool. And, yeah, did you ever find out why the manager wanted you to do this?

Have a good Monday in advance!

10:06 PM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

To All - Apparently, our waiter had been giving the manager a hard time all day. I don't know the details of how he was giving the manager a hard time but payback was needed for whatever it was.

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home