Life's Ups and Downs

Friday, December 23, 2005

Merry Christmas

Just got back from the last minute holiday rush shopping and I'm FINALLY done! Woo hoo!!!

My boy and I are leaving tomorrow for our annual Texas triangle journey. We head to Houston in the morning to his mother's and Austin tomorrow night for Christmas day with his dad. We ususally come back Christmas day but my boy wants to stay until Monday which is stressing me out big time. His family is so proper and I am so not. Nobody smokes and the conversation is like pulling teeth. I don't know what it is but I just can't be myself around his family. It is like I have entered some bizarro world where Angela can't come out to play. In my head, I'm sitting in a corner rocking and singing to myself. I will be counting the minutes until we can leave.

Don't get me wrong, his family is very nice. I don't know what it is but you would think after three years together I could carry on a conversation that doesn't include the weather but I can't. So, it's gonna be a looooooong weekend.

I hope you all have safe and fantastic times with your families. I'll post again next week.

Merry Christmas!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

I feel the same way around my husbands family, so it's not just you. I'm pretty sure every conversation I've ever had with any of them has revolved around my job. I'm the only woman in his family that actually works a full time job outside the house.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

I tried to brave the traffic to do some last minute shopping today and ended up having road rage so bad that I had to go home. ugh. Have a great weekend!

9:23 PM  
Blogger Abigail S. said...

Maybe you should have a baby... That would give you something to talk about! ...

I am just joking, by the way! I know how it bothers you when your mom pushes you on that subject.

But, hey! You'd be killing 2 birds w/ 1 stone!

10:43 PM  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Merry Christmass Cherri!

6:02 AM  
Blogger Read This said...

Drink heavily. They will talk about you for years to come, and every year you come back sober, they will have nothing but nice things to say about you. Think about setting the bar really low...lol. Merry, merry...

10:36 AM  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Sherrie... Why in the world did I spell it with a "C" yesterday?

I'm getting old...

Have a swell day!

5:42 AM  
Blogger Becky L said...

TODAY I HAVE TO GO TO MY IN-LAWS HOUSE ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!

hubby is sick w/ the flu. So, i have to take Erica by myself.

At least you have your boy going w/ you.

8:16 AM  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

I'm brain dead... reading too many blogs at the same time...

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home