Life's Ups and Downs

Sunday, March 12, 2006

The Fast Food Kid

I have spoken about my boy on this blog many times because I adore him and think he's wonderful but one thing that he is not good at is ordering at the dreaded fast food window.

We decided to get some tacos about a week ago and what should have been a 30 second ordering process turned into a 10 minute event! My boy refuses to wait to order until he knows everything he wants so he tends to pause in the middle of the order. This, of course, leads the drive through worker to think he's done and ask if he wants anything else, which leads to him saying, "I'm not done yet. I'd also like ...."

Last week, this went on for several minutes with the drive through worker getting more and more irritated and my boy losing his patience so when he's asked what he'd like to drink he says, "and I'd like to add 2 more tacos." The driver asks again what he would like to drink and he says, "and a bean burrito." It became an all out ignoring each other's words war with my boy and the poor drive through girl until he finally added our drinks and we drove around to the window.

We ended up with way too much food and the dogs had a feast that night. I think from now on, I will be the one ordering our fast food because really, isn't fast food supposed to be fast and not a night on the town?

In other news, work is still crazy busy but I think there may be a light at the end of the tunnel. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Happy Sunday!

11 Comments:

Blogger Spider Girl said...

I only go through the drive-through if I want one thing, two things tops. Otherwise the frustration level, as you've observed, gets way too high.

11:04 PM  
Blogger Read This said...

Yup make the fast food guys mad...I wonder what they put in your food...poor dogs...haha...

3:23 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Back in high school I used to work drive through and I hated people like that...drove me crazy.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

got my fingers crossed, it sure is hard to type that way! LOL

2:35 PM  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

The one McDonalds I go to often can't even get my simple order right... Not once. They're mental midgets who work at these places.

7:14 AM  
Blogger Josh said...

I dated a guy that did that. Drove me crazy too, especially because he always got angry his order was always screwed up. Maybe it is a guy thing.

11:29 PM  
Blogger B* said...

I gotta confess.....I am one of those pple who can never decide what I want.
Consequentially I guess I've swallowed down some nasty revenge of theirs =S !!!

12:30 AM  
Blogger Becky L said...

lol-- fast food is becoming a night on the town.

btw-- i just looked at your previous post and saw that you just got a tetanus shot. i just got one thursday-- i sliced a piece of my finger off. quite painful, actually

7:30 AM  
Blogger tsduff said...

There is a funny song somewhere - on Dr. Demento or something which is the long rambling tale of a poor guy trying to order from one of those talking boxes... you hear the garbled ordered being repeated (wrong of course) with the end item always being "and a large, orange drink". It is hysterical, but hits home. We only go to McDonalds when I'm taking my Bear to the train station.

5:12 PM  
Blogger Miss Hope said...

And this is why I have a written list done that cannot be deviated from when ordering!! I'm too old to sit there for 5 minutes!!

8:55 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

I take it they're working you like crazy...still.

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home