Life's Ups and Downs

Sunday, March 26, 2006

I'm Back

Sorry, it's been a couple of weeks since I last posted. Even though I thought work was going to slow down, I was wrong. Hopefully soon. Working 6 days a week for 12 hours and then coming home and working some more is absolutely not fun.

This week was my boy's birthday. We went out last night and celebrated with friends in the West End of Dallas. This used to be a really fun place to go but things have changed in the couple of years that I haven't been there. While eating dinner at Cadillac Bar, we saw some Hare Chrishnas jumping and singing their way down the street. I didn't know that Dallas was home to any Hare Chrishnas.



We then headed to where there used to live bands playing outside. The live bands have been replaced with a lone guy playing a keyboard. Not good. We were approached by a man giving free tickets into one of the clubs in the area so we decided to try that. The club that we entered was the most bizarre place I have ever been in. It was a combination karoke, dance, comedy, pool hall place and I loved it.

We didn't stay too long but in the course of the 60 minutes we were there, my girl A and I, danced like Michael Jackson and I jumped on stage to sing The Devil Went Down to Georgia with the guy running the karoke machine. It didn't sound too great but I burned off quite a few calories with my fiddling during the music breaks.

All in all, we had a good time and everyone made it home safely.

I am off to bed soon. I've got to get to work eary tomorrow. Please don't lose patience with me. Things will slow down and I will be back to posting regularly soon.

Happy Sunday!

7 Comments:

Blogger Josh said...

I didn't know you were in the Dallas area. Yea!! Me too. I havent been down to WE in a long time either. I hear Deep Elm is scary these days too.

Anyone that plays air fiddle is awesome ;)

10:58 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Glad you were able to get out there and have a little fun!!!

8:57 AM  
Blogger tsduff said...

Hare Chrishnas... back in the spotlight? Hmmm, what year is this?

Sounds like a fun night.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

I haven't seen Hare Chrishnas since they tossed them out of the airports back in the late 80's...

Welcome back!

6:01 AM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

LOL!!! "The Devil Went Down to Ga"
OMG...I can't believe you karaoked that! I'll bet it was hysterical! i wish I could have seen it.

5:43 PM  
Blogger Becky L said...

that sounds like so much fun!

9:52 AM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

I think I'm going to have to have a talk with your boss my dear.

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home