Life's Ups and Downs

Monday, April 24, 2006

Raw Fish Rocks!

The 26th is my one year blog-iversary. Thanks to my friend, Jamie, for telling me about blogging. It has been a great way to get things off my chest, rant, brag, and share life's little moments with people ... some of whom I would dearly love to meet in person!!

Tonight, I left work at 6:45, only 2 hrs. and 15 minutes after I'm supposed to begin the commute home. My boy left work about the same time so we decided to try a new local sushi place for dinner. My friend, S, called about the same time and she is a sushi freak so she joined us.

Let me just say that I love sushi. I LOVE SUSHI! I used to think that sushi sounded really disgusting, I mean seriously, who wants to eat raw fish?! If you've never had it, you should totally try it .... mmmmmm. We gorged ourselves on several different items and bonded with our bartender who began making us crazy drinks like "The Imminent Demise of Papa Smurf." It was a blue drink with a cherry all swirled in the bottom of the cup so when you finished it looked like, you guessed it, a smurf hat.

We spent way too much money, blame it on the martinis ... very dirty, but had a great time. I told my boss today that I wasn't coming in tomorrow because I had worked all weekend so I have no guilt about the fact that I may be a little tipsy and I will be sleeping late in the morning.

Happy Monday!

14 Comments:

Blogger Tai said...

mmmmm sushi mmmmmm martini's....mmm
Perfect Weekend!!!

11:56 PM  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Where I come from we call raw fish bait...

;)

8:01 AM  
Blogger Kat_womanx2 said...

You can have all the sushi I may have ever eaten in my life...LOL

8:45 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Today is my 1 year blog anniversary too! :D

I can't believe I've been able to keep it going that long. I usually have such a short attention span....

1:04 PM  
Blogger cantellya said...

I can barely eat a fish stick.

I must admit, though, that I somewhat envy people who enjoy fish. I hear so much good stuff about it!
Hope you had a great day:)

5:47 PM  
Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Sushi is the only food I ever crave. LOVE, love, LOVE it!

9:32 PM  
Blogger Spider Girl said...

I'm glad you described the Smurf martini---it would have kept me up late tonight wondering why it was named that otherwise. :)

12:03 AM  
Blogger Miss Hope said...

Like you haven't earned the reward of sushi and martini's? humph. Knock yourself out, sister. It's about time you caught a tiny break!

12:10 AM  
Blogger Becky L said...

HAPPY BLOG-IVERSARY!!!

how very exciting! mine's not for another few months

10:05 AM  
Blogger X said...

Awesome on the day off. Sushi is great...and add martinis...now that's my kind of night! :)

LOL on the Papa Smurf thing.

11:14 AM  
Blogger tsduff said...

Wow, a person who loves sushi like I do! Love it... did I say, I love it? Yummmm. It is my comfort food - my treat to myself... maybe with a glass of plum wine. Now I believe you've started that craving anew... Man alive I'll have to go to Kaiwa tonight for dinner.

Happy bloggaversary to you!

5:45 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

First of all, congrats on the anniversary.

Secondly...sushi is yucky. :o(

No me gusta

8:45 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

Wow one year! Congrats! That's worth celebrating :)

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home