Life's Ups and Downs

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Good Times

A couple of good things have happened this week. One of my clients sent me a beautiful bouquet of flowers for all the hard work that I've been doing for them lately. It doesn't take away the near-death tiredness but it was a nice gesture.

My company also set up a team outing to the horsetrack as a thank you for all the long hours, kind of a cheesy thank you ... I would prefer a raise or even overtime pay, but it was actually really fun. I completely blew off Operation Bikini eating rules for the night and indulged in tons of pasta, chocolate covered cherries, and other bad for you foods. They also gave us $25 for gambling or drinking and I used it on both. I won $28 on the first 2 races so that was pretty rockin.

I am exhausted so I am out for the evening. Hope all is well in your world!

Happy Wednesday!

12 Comments:

Blogger Dinah said...

Those are lovely flowers! Gestures like that are so important. And congrats on your winnings. Plus, any food eaten at a racetrack doesn't count. That's the rule.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Sounds like a good time, though the raise would have been nice too. I've lately taken to "treating" myself to a $4 bouquet of grocery-store flowers every week; they're kind of nice to come home to!

11:18 PM  
Blogger X said...

Pretty flowers! My company does outings as a thank you as well.....they think it makes up for everything ...hmmmm, not so much! Show me the money!

LOL, and Operation Bikini Eating...I LOVE IT!!! :)

10:18 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

beautiful flowers!

At least they recognized your hard work and dedication, that goes a long way.

10:56 AM  
Blogger tsduff said...

Everybody loves getting flowers. Thanks for sharing the pic :-) Very cool that you received them.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

I'm so glad they finally did something nice for you. You totally deserve it!

6:04 PM  
Blogger Becky L said...

i've heard several women say that they dont like getting flowers as gifts-- they see it as pointless.

well, i think they're just in denial. i would LOVE to get flowers. someone clue my husband in on that fact...

10:46 PM  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

You know, I used to send flowers all the time, for no partuicular reason...

"Happy Wednesday! Here's a dozen roses!"

But the last woman I was seeing that I did that for I didn't find out until AFTER we broke up she didn't even like flowers so no matter what I did it didn't matter at all.

So now I'm not going to waste me time or money.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

Glad to see you managed to get some recognition for all your hard work. The flowers are pretty.

2:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have always found a way to travel for free. My dad taught me how from all of his business travel. Now I am passing on the secrets in my new book. Just doing some last minute research on the blogs.
Thanks,
--free travel guide

3:03 AM  
Blogger cantellya said...

I'm sure they didn't make up for the tiredness, but the flowers sure were a thoughtful gesture. Mighty pretty, too :)

10:05 AM  
Blogger tsduff said...

I'm still enjoying your flowers :-)

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home